Bose or Beats?
Apr 9, 2016 at 1:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

musicalnoob

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I'm buying my first pair of headphones (Usually I use only earphones), and within my budget,  I have mainly chosen 3 options, i.e Beats Solo 2,$90, Beats Executive, $120, and Bose SoundTrue-Around ear, $134. Since I'm getting it through a friend, these are my only options, so would just like some suggestions on which one to choose, and for what reason(I'm new to headphones, so would really appreciate it :))
I would prefer durability,and comfort mainly.  Am i correct in assuming that being a higher model, the beats executive would be a definite choice over the solo 2? I would just like a few ideas, to get a basic idea of what to choose.
Thanks!

Apr 9, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #6 of 12
Go with the solo2; both sound and comfort are decent and it's the cheapest.

Personally I don't use beats because they are not good value for money, so I cannot comment on how much better the executive is compared to the solo.

At that price range perhaps you could look into audio technica m40x (very lean and a tab sibilant) or sennheiser momentum on ear (more relaxed and warm sounding).

Apr 9, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #8 of 12
After I saw this thread I logged in just to say that the Beats Solo 2 is clearly superior in sound quality to any headphone made by Bose. The Solo 2 are also the only Beats headphones I'd ever recommend to anyone. In particular to people who like heavy and deep bass.

For me the Solo 2 is too bassy, but the overall sound quality is very good for it's price. In my experience better in technicalities than the Momentum On-ears. The build quality is good too and they are relatively comfortable. The Bose headphones are some of the most comfortable headphones I know, but their sound simply sucks and their durability is also not as good as the that of the Solo 2.

The Beats Executive is a huge disappointment by the way. Don't get that one.

Apr 9, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #10 of 12
Well, you actually managed to convey what I was thinking haha. Thanks a lot! I had just figured that being a higher model, the executive would be better, plus it has more features and is around ear. However, the reviews aren't great, while the solo2 seems to have a lot more favourable reviews, and at $89, I guess its a good bargain. Also, I would have gone with the bose, but being the lowest model, i guess it would just be a compromise. 
Just one question, could you tell me how comfortable the solo2 is? I've seen varying reviews of it, so would just like a personal opinion :)
Quote:
  After I saw this thread I logged in just to say that the Beats Solo 2 is clearly superior in sound quality to any headphone made by Bose. The Solo 2 are also the only Beats headphones I'd ever recommend to anyone. In particular to people who like heavy and deep bass.

For me the Solo 2 is too bassy, but the overall sound quality is very good for it's price. In my experience better in technicalities than the Momentum On-ears. The build quality is good too and they are relatively comfortable. The Bose headphones are some of the most comfortable headphones I know, but their sound simply sucks and their durability is also not as good as the that of the Solo 2.

The Beats Executive is a huge disappointment by the way. Don't get that one.

Apr 9, 2016 at 4:16 PM Post #11 of 12
Yes, the Solo-2 is an on-ear model, so they press on the auricles and this can start to get soar after an hour or two of continuous wear. It also depends on how sensitive your ears are. Some might experience discomfort after a while, while others won't be distracted much. 10 minutes of rest for your ears should be sufficient to go on for the next two hours.

Apr 10, 2016 at 11:55 PM Post #12 of 12
Do you like a lot of bass, weak bass, a good bass but not so much and your main purpose is to gaming, listening to musics, watch movies or videos on YouTube? I bought a pair of SRH440s from Shure and I very happy with them. These headphones costs less than $100,00, with clear mids and highs, but not so much bass, but I like it, because before I was an AKG K414P owner and with some songs I felt irritation using them for some minutes, but I still enjoy these headphones from AKG, they are awesome, but with some songs they can fatigue your ears, because of bass, but depending of the mixing and mastering of the song they can deliver a great experience for you. Well, I think you will really enjoy these phones from Shure, I use it for listening to music, mixing, mastering, videos on YouTube and movies. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back