Bose oe2
Mar 12, 2012 at 1:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

benboxbob

New Head-Fier
Hey,
I was in the Bose shop yesterday and was wondering why are Bose not liked here?
The oe2's are very comfortable, fold up to a small size and to me they sounded very nice. I'm wondering should i get them? I listen to rock or dance and they sounded nice on both types of music. i didn't think they lacked bass at all. please reply if you think i should or shouldn't get them. Thanks

Mar 12, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #2 of 16
First time I have heard of Bose lacking bass. I had a pair of the original bose OE model and found gem to be the bassiest headphone I have ever heard. The bass was more than overwhelming for my taste but I think it would be perfect for hip hop and dance music, unfortunately I listen to neither of those genres so i had to let them go.

Mar 12, 2012 at 4:05 PM Post #3 of 16
OP, have you heard any other headphones besides the Bose OE2?

I believe they go for $150-$175 or so. At that price, you can have a bunch of different headphones that sound so much better.
I was in your shoes once. Any Bose headphone I tried sounded great, but once you try other headphones in the market, you will gladly ditch Bose for them.

Bose headphones just have way too overpowering Bass which takes away any other sound in the music. It sounds too muffled, the highs' are not as clean along with the mids.

I'd suggest finding a local music store near you or a place that sells DJ equipment and give some other headphones a try. You will not be dissapointed!

Mar 12, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #5 of 16
Get the v moda m80. On sale at amazon ATM. Best small form headphone out here I reckon for under$200. Great mids and clear non fatigueing highs. Punchy bass and plenty of mid bass. A cleaner, sound than the Bose and virtually indestructible.

Mar 12, 2012 at 5:33 PM Post #7 of 16
They are very comfortable and sound great with all modern music. Not so good for jazz, classical or classic rock. Too much mid bass. But for modern rock, pop and dance, hip hop etc. they are amazing.

Mar 12, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #9 of 16
Just know that the bose you are thinking about is not worth all that money.

I have heard to headphones half that price that sounded the same.

Look into Audio Technica M50 or Denon D2000.

You should also look into the Shure750dj. This headphone has more bass than the M50 and D2000. It has good bass with pretty good mids and highs. Much better than the bose and its considered to be a fun headphone.
If I was you, I think the Shure 750dj would fit you the best.

Please dont waste your money on the Bose you are looking into getting.

Mar 15, 2012 at 10:40 AM Post #10 of 16
I you like the Bose oe2 then buy them, why should you care what other people think? The only good headphone is the one you like, never ask an opinion from someone on what headphones to buy, You shouldn't care what name is on the cans but only care about the sound that is right for you.

I am looking at the Bose oe2 or V-moda V-80 / M-80's myself and in the UK both of them are expensive.

Mar 17, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #11 of 16
Just know that the bose you are thinking about is not worth all that money. Look into Audio Technica M50 or Denon D2000.

WTH? Totally different beasts. The OE2 are very small, on-ears, highly portable. The M50 and D2000 are not. Worst advice ever?

I tried the OE2 briefly today, and they sounded very punchy. I own and use the Denon AH-D2000 and the Bose QuietComfort 15 to compare them to. I also thought they sounded much better than the other ones I tried, which sounded either completely dull, or hollow (including the Bowers and Wilkins P5).

OP: get the OE2 if you liked the way they sounded. Haters gonna hate.

Mar 18, 2012 at 5:56 PM Post #12 of 16

Quote:
WTH? Totally different beasts. The OE2 are very small, on-ears, highly portable. The M50 and D2000 are not. Worst advice ever?
I tried the OE2 briefly today, and they sounded very punchy. I own and use the Denon AH-D2000 and the Bose QuietComfort 15 to compare them to. I also thought they sounded much better than the other ones I tried, which sounded either completely dull, or hollow (including the Bowers and Wilkins P5).
OP: get the OE2 if you liked the way they sounded. Haters gonna hate.

Exactly skamp, haters will hate. Even though I am a Sennheiser person I am planning on getting a Bose Oe2 or the original Bose Oe (I found a store that has a few) as I like the way they sound and they are the best portable headphones for ME, I don't care what others think neither should benboxbob and he should get the ones he wants.

Mar 19, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #13 of 16
The music played in bose stores have been mixed in order to sound good, same thing with the stores, they have been acoustically built to make the home theatre systems sound good but when you buy them and use them at home they wont sound the same. this is the same for both the headphones and the home theatre systems.

Mar 20, 2012 at 1:18 AM Post #14 of 16
This is perhaps the dumbest lie I've ever heard.

Quote:
The music played in bose stores have been mixed in order to sound good, same thing with the stores, they have been acoustically built to make the home theatre systems sound good but when you buy them and use them at home they wont sound the same. this is the same for both the headphones and the home theatre systems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back