BOSE OE user looking to upgrade to Over Ear sub $200
Jan 26, 2017 at 12:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

cfsax

New Head-Fier
I consider myself a budget audiophile. Home system is Hafler driving 3 way ADS810 speaks from the 80s. BOSE OnEar were a gift years ago. I find the sound is good but no mic and uncomfortable after about 1 hour. I listen to Jazz, R&B, Classical, and Live concerts.

Requirements:

Balanced sound with slight emphasis in Bass and slight roll-off in Treble. (I find drum cymbals typically recorded too hot).

Comfort and non sweat.

Decent Sound Isolation. (No need for active, BOSE OE were fine in this regard).

Microphone iPhone compatible

Hi sensitivity on par with BOSE OE (ie; I need to use these without an amp since I will be hiking/traveling with them)

< $200

Thanks!

Jan 26, 2017 at 2:35 PM Post #2 of 4
Try looking at the Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 for apple, I think they should fit all your requirements, and will sound better than your bose on ears.  

Jan 26, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #3 of 4
  I consider myself a budget audiophile. Home system is Hafler driving 3 way ADS810 speaks from the 80s. BOSE OnEar were a gift years ago. I find the sound is good but no mic and uncomfortable after about 1 hour. I listen to Jazz, R&B, Classical, and Live concerts.

Requirements:

Balanced sound with slight emphasis in Bass and slight roll-off in Treble. (I find drum cymbals typically recorded too hot).

Comfort and non sweat.

Decent Sound Isolation. (No need for active, BOSE OE were fine in this regard).

Microphone iPhone compatible

Hi sensitivity on par with BOSE OE (ie; I need to use these without an amp since I will be hiking/traveling with them)

< $200

Thanks!

I assume you are looking for closed here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back