BOSE Micro Music Monitor (M3)
Apr 9, 2006 at 3:51 AM Post #31 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by oryaaaaa
B&W 802N vs BOSE M3 (Price $12700 vs $400)
M3 is the above in the quality of the bass in a near point . However, it is complete victory of 802N in high power in a far point. Another is a point near by a low volume and it is even. However, M3 is a poor balance by the bass, worsens by the source, and improves. The phenomenon of the volume's falling immediately after the bass is released has occurred when M3 is high power. Therefore, if the output is suppressed and used, M3 might be the best selection.

While its impossible for me to make much sense out of that passage, I don't really need to read past the first line. Lest Bose has turned completely upside down and inside out from everything I've ever heard from them - a comparison between anything they've made and the B&W 800 series is laughable. There is no comparison - B&W's budget line surpasses pretty much everything Bose cranks out, let alone their 800 series. The same can be said for many brands of speakers that don't rely on pure hype, marketing buzz-words, and consumer ignorance to get people to buy their (over priced) products.

Apr 9, 2006 at 5:22 AM Post #32 of 44
...which makes me wonder if this is a cultural-interpretation question. Is all this simply a poor interpretation of Japanese? Even then I can only say that well played marketing bullcrap in Japanese is still bullcrap.

Apr 11, 2006 at 1:56 PM Post #34 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by oryaaaaa
B&W 802N vs BOSE M3 (Price $12700 vs $400)
M3 is the above in the quality of the bass in a near point . However, it is complete victory of 802N in high power in a far point. Another is a point near by a low volume and it is even. However, M3 is a poor balance by the bass, worsens by the source, and improves. The phenomenon of the volume's falling immediately after the bass is released has occurred when M3 is high power. Therefore, if the output is suppressed and used, M3 might be the best selection.

Talk about high-level BS!

Apr 11, 2006 at 5:56 PM Post #35 of 44
My question is answered ...
"It is a joke though compared with B&W 802N. "
"Because the price and the size are too different, comparing it is nonsense. "

Sorry, I was bad did not tidy the confirmation.

Jan 9, 2008 at 11:38 AM Post #36 of 44
Hiya all,

Here's some photos of the M3, which i purchased yesterday...
For the money and what they are, they're fairly good value (especially since i got them tax free) at what they do and being Bose there are still no damn specs published
confused.gif

2178057111_429a7ef796.jpg

2178849324_7193965ed9.jpg

Sound wise, I think they're somewhat satisfactory being a mobile system, though I think there's still a little too much top end. When compared to it's predecessor the M2's, theses M3's actually have a mid-range which is a huge improvement, ocals do sound clear and crispy, no longer drown and suffocate by the overpowering high and bottom ends.

2178848236_b76ac5000c.jpg

2178056365_d9d15efdfb.jpg

2178848068_7ec89252bf.jpg

When compared to balanced reference speaker systems, they simply don't compete... they're in a little class of their own, for quality sound on the go and friendly portability, they're almost perfect... Though still a little price IMHO. However, I dare say for a freelancer working on the road, they're perfect! Nice and light!! Though I can't help thinking they should be atleast another 7,000yen less...

So far, for something this size and weight they're the best I've heard but for the price, there will be better options on the market...

Jan 10, 2008 at 5:02 PM Post #37 of 44
ZOMG they are better than B&W Nautilus for nearfield listening I am going out to buy 10 now and I will have total Sound Dominance over EVERY OTHER HEADFI-ER!

If they would have compared them to sub $1000 monitors I might have been interested to hear them but that is just insane to put any of their products up against a real hi-fi manufacturer. Might as well compare my 2000 Subaru to a Ferrari cause it gets around in the snow better.

Jan 10, 2008 at 5:11 PM Post #38 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by gritzcolin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ZOMG they are better than B&W Nautilus for nearfield listening I am going out to buy 10 now and I will have total Sound Dominance over EVERY OTHER HEADFI-ER!

Hiya Gritzcolin,
Trully? Nah.. they're not as good! I doubt any Bose would even come close! However, as far as mobile speakers go... perhaps, next to a laptop they're OK! Personally, if I was seriously gonna be doing some audio work, I doubt I'd chose Bose!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gritzcolin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If they would have compared them to sub $1000 monitors I might have been interested to hear them but that is just insane to put any of their products up against a real hi-fi manufacturer. Might as well compare my 2000 Subaru to a Ferrari cause it gets around in the snow better.

Hahahaha!!
2000 Subaru vs Farrari?

Mar 14, 2009 at 12:50 PM Post #40 of 44
I have a pair of these as well and to be honest, I find the attitude on this thread totally unfair. Mocking without listening. Yes, it's Bose, not Naim, yes, they are very expensive, yes, they pretend to be matchless. So what? Give them a listen and then comment.
In my opinion there is simply no alternative to the small minimonitors considering the size and weight. Mind you, I have a pair of Quad 11L, a Spendor S3/5, a Neat Motive One and so on. So are they comparable? No. But can you compare a lorry to a bicycle? It is obvious the Minis can't have the same sense of scale, the bass or the air of the big speakers. But still, as far as the size is concerned, they are in a league of their own, especially if you optimize the system.

Apr 16, 2009 at 10:11 AM Post #41 of 44
Regardless of what everyone else here says, I'm fairly happy with them. Then again, non of the other speakers mentioned can offer 'great' sound and travel well... Has to be said, they are terrible on batteries; a pack of four Alkaline cells only last about an hour!!!

And... I have to say the grey-silver finish is a bit naff.
I have chips on my units already!!

Dec 26, 2009 at 2:00 PM Post #42 of 44
OMG! those resonant chips didn't come with the set I got [I got them to review for about 2.5weeks then returned them! THANKYOU BOSE FOR GREAT REFUND POLICY!].

... HMMM... are those resonant chips for real??

They were introduced to the N. American market without the chips!
Only Japan got them! -gosh Darnit! Asia gets all the coolest things, and first!

_______________L

PS. wonder if those chips will help my Klipsch Reference speakers

Apr 14, 2010 at 8:36 AM Post #43 of 44
Just got my M2, and to be quite honest: they sound big. much bigger than their actual size.. I mean, they're tiny!

I'll post some pics later
wink.gif

By the way, does anybody know if the M3 still available in Japan nowadays?

Aug 25, 2010 at 4:15 AM Post #44 of 44
i also think that these tiny speakers have the biggest sound from anything comparable i have heard. i wonder why only M2 and not the M3 has been released to other countries except japan? i would buy the music monitors directly if they were battery driven and had the same sound on the go. but for simple computer speakers there are better and cheaper solutions out there.
i already contacted bose several times about battery driven music monitors. the response was that the M3 was not such a success, because batteries were too weak to actually drive them and sound quality from batteries was not high enough, therefore they stopped producing them. they should have used a lion-battery similar to that of bose sounddock portable which lasts for 12 hours...
i am still eagerly waiting for some tiny battery-driven speakers. the bose sounddock portable sounds great for its size, but it is too big to be carried around. music monitors (even taking only one of them for mono-sound) would be perfect for travelling!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back