Bose in ear!
Aug 11, 2007 at 4:55 AM Post #46 of 57
The boses need some break in time before whatever highs come out (yes this is from experience)

to the OP: a couple people have had this problem...any luck yet? its generally the ipod

Aug 11, 2007 at 7:49 AM Post #47 of 57
The problem with the ipod is fixed. They are sending out a brand new ipod, should be here monday! Does anyone know if its just the ipod they send you? Or the box with everything in it as well.

And as for the bose not staying in. You clearly didn't use the right size of tip. They dont get pushed into your ear, they rest on your ear. Once you read the instructions of how to fit them, they always stay in. No matter what i am doing!!

I like the bass, i know i am in to indie etc. But the Mylarones x3 there just isn't enough base. I know i could change the tips but i am lazy. No doubt in a few weeks time i will buy some E530s purly because they are expensive so they must sound good. Thats how i work on buying things, i know it sound rediculous, but i bet some of you guys have bought the expensive set rather than a cheaper pair (but they actually sound just as good)

Aug 11, 2007 at 3:00 PM Post #48 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by wiseman405 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The problem with the ipod is fixed. They are sending out a brand new ipod, should be here monday! Does anyone know if its just the ipod they send you? Or the box with everything in it as well.

And as for the bose not staying in. You clearly didn't use the right size of tip. They dont get pushed into your ear, they rest on your ear. Once you read the instructions of how to fit them, they always stay in. No matter what i am doing!!

I like the bass, i know i am in to indie etc. But the Mylarones x3 there just isn't enough base. I know i could change the tips but i am lazy. No doubt in a few weeks time i will buy some E530s purly because they are expensive so they must sound good. Thats how i work on buying things, i know it sound rediculous, but i bet some of you guys have bought the expensive set rather than a cheaper pair (but they actually sound just as good)

Before you consider a purchase of the E530, you might want to consider purchasing a portable headphone amp. The Bose IE's, although marketed for portable use, require tons of juice to sound really good.

You'll end up with the sound signature you really enjoy, only better.

BTW, I had a love/hate relationship with my IE's because the pads kept coming off so darn easily and often. I had no problems using the medium pads, but to me, the IE's sounded much better with the large pads installed.

I tried several differnt types of glue, to include a glue gun, but nothing kept them on. Out of sheer desperation, I ended up jerry-riggin' the pads by, of all things, sewing them in place.

Now, the pads do not come off.

Consider the amp, though, you won't regret it.

Aug 11, 2007 at 3:21 PM Post #49 of 57
Just from personal experience:

The Triport IEs are mini-fartboxes. Even after 300 hours there were no more highs than before. Bass was unwieldy and uncontrolled. I got the model with the original tips and none of them fitted well - I lost the right tip in an elevator after it randomly fell off. The problem is that the little plastic ridge that holds the tips on is too small. Over time, the tips seem to become more flexible and they twist around and pop off.

Worst purchase I've ever made. I really wanted to like them but they were nasty things.
frown.gif

Aug 11, 2007 at 7:27 PM Post #51 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by wiseman405 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well we shall see...I am watching some SE530 on ebay. They are going nicely....

As for the amp. I have never read up on amps for headphones. Could you maybe get me a link?

Thanks
Tom

If you go over to the portable audio part and just do a search on "amp" you'll get tons of results.

My only experience with a portable amp is the Corda Move, recently purchased. The Bose also sound pretty nice with one of my home amps, which is a Heed Canamp.

You might consider one of the lesser pirced amps, possibly used, to see if you like what it does for you.

Good luck.

Aug 11, 2007 at 7:34 PM Post #52 of 57
If you think that the bose IE's have been the only phones with enough bass for you, I don't think you'd be happy with the E530s or anything else for that matter. I tried my friend's bose IE's and they were the most bass heavy phones I have ever heard. They sounded like my car stereo system which has 2 10" subwoofers with the bass turned up.

Aug 16, 2007 at 8:20 PM Post #53 of 57
i have two pairs of bose iem's. no i didnt buy them for $100. i got them from american express reward program. the bass is too boomy and everything else sounds very muffled. i stopped using them ever since i got a pair of mylarone x3. however, i liked their customer service.

one pair was defective when i got them. i could only hear the instruments, not the vocals. weird. i called bose, gave them the 4 digit serial number engraved on the iem's, and they sent me a new pair. they paid shipping both ways, i didnt spend a penny.

Aug 16, 2007 at 11:50 PM Post #54 of 57
the thing that makes me laugh about all these comments is the fact that many of you actually had these in your ears long enough to form an opinion.

for the life of me, every time i stuffed these in my ears, 2 seconds later, they kinda eased out. in the end i had to resort to holding them in my ears. and just you try holding them in your ears and working the ipod at the same time, it's a nightmare.

how do you keep these in your ears??
confused.gif

the sound? was o.k. there's a richness about the Bose (being kind to Bose), but Lindsey and i (Lindsey being the kind person who lent me her Bose IE's), both agreed that the Mylar X3's sounded better.

If i could find a way to keep them in my ears, and if i found them cheap enough on our friendly auction site, then i'd have a go, but as they stand... no thanks! and that's coming from a hardened Bose lover, and i freely admit that i love Bose .......stuff......bar the IE's of course.

Aug 17, 2007 at 12:17 AM Post #55 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by captian73 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the thing that makes me laugh about all these comments is the fact that many of you actually had these in your ears long enough to form an opinion.

for the life of me, every time i stuffed these in my ears, 2 seconds later, they kinda eased out. in the end i had to resort to holding them in my ears. and just you try holding them in your ears and working the ipod at the same time, it's a nightmare.

how do you keep these in your ears??
confused.gif

the sound? was o.k. there's a richness about the Bose (being kind to Bose), but Lindsey and i (Lindsey being the kind person who lent me her Bose IE's), both agreed that the Mylar X3's sounded better.

If i could find a way to keep them in my ears, and if i found them cheap enough on our friendly auction site, then i'd have a go, but as they stand... no thanks! and that's coming from a hardened Bose lover, and i freely admit that i love Bose .......stuff......bar the IE's of course.

Weird, cause I have the "new" sleeves that Bose released in June (after all the complaining that the sleeves didn't stay attached to the phones themselves), and using a small in one ear and a medium in the other (just my ear differences), they stay in fine. Admittedly, the do feel like they aren't there, but I shake my head, and they stay in. They are very comfortable, in fact. Maybe your friend never got the new sleeves, which are free from Bose. And as I said, I disagree with some posters that the Bose IEs sound horrible. If I EQ them a tad, they sound okay. Not great, but not as bad as some say. And not worth $100. So if you go by cost alone, you can do better, as you pointed out with the X3s.

Aug 17, 2007 at 9:32 AM Post #56 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Weird, cause I have the "new" sleeves that Bose released in June (after all the complaining that the sleeves didn't stay attached to the phones themselves), and using a small in one ear and a medium in the other (just my ear differences), they stay in fine. Admittedly, the do feel like they aren't there, but I shake my head, and they stay in. They are very comfortable, in fact. Maybe your friend never got the new sleeves, which are free from Bose. And as I said, I disagree with some posters that the Bose IEs sound horrible. If I EQ them a tad, they sound okay. Not great, but not as bad as some say. And not worth $100. So if you go by cost alone, you can do better, as you pointed out with the X3s.

Firstly, having gone through four pairs of the original Bose Triport heapphones (the headband kept on cracking) and to come out of it saying 'i still love them and i miss them" i think that i'm in a minority here.

an buy the way i've just ordered the Bose Triport OE's. there! that should delight a everyone
basshead.gif

But for the first time i found myself saying 'no' to Bose. that maybe a bit harsh, what i meant is 'not at the momnet', but if the tips do work as well as you say tstarn06, and then ebay might be my next stop.

have you got any pictures of the new sleeves?

Aug 17, 2007 at 12:49 PM Post #57 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by captian73 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Firstly, having gone through four pairs of the original Bose Triport heapphones (the headband kept on cracking) and to come out of it saying 'i still love them and i miss them" i think that i'm in a minority here.

an buy the way i've just ordered the Bose Triport OE's. there! that should delight a everyone
basshead.gif

But for the first time i found myself saying 'no' to Bose. that maybe a bit harsh, what i meant is 'not at the momnet', but if the tips do work as well as you say tstarn06, and then ebay might be my next stop.

have you got any pictures of the new sleeves?

Kind of busy today, but I will try and post some photos of the new sleeves. Why not just have your friend contact Bose and have them shipped free of charge? Makes sense to me. You can see them first-hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back