Bose in ear!
Aug 10, 2007 at 12:06 AM Post #31 of 57
wiseman405,

I would return the Bose earphones and try to get the Etymotic Research ER6i headphone. I have the ER6i and love it for its nice, balanced sound from my iPod nano (2G 4 GB capacity blue case).

If eBay has a Canadian operation, you can get the ER6i for around CAN$125 from an online eBay reseller--they're worth every cent.
etysmile.gif

Aug 10, 2007 at 12:18 AM Post #32 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by mreggen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Go around to any hi-fi forum on the net, you will see there is almost a 100% collective disdain of BOSE. It is generally agreed upon that all their products are overpriced and therefore not good value for your money. So while all BOSE stuff might not be horrible, you can almost always find a better alternative in the price range.

While it's true, I can name one exception: the 3-2-1 GS Series II home theater system. I've played with one and love it for its amazingly clear and wide sound field out of two front speakers and subwoofer. I'm hoping that within the next 18 months we'll see a 3-2-1 GS model that supports Blu-Ray discs and 1080p HDMI video output--people will snap them up even if it costs US$1,400.

Aug 10, 2007 at 1:17 AM Post #33 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by SactoMan101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wiseman405,

I would return the Bose earphones and try to get the Etymotic Research ER6i headphone. I have the ER6i and love it for its nice, balanced sound from my iPod nano (2G 4 GB capacity blue case).

If eBay has a Canadian operation, you can get the ER6i for around CAN$125 from an online eBay reseller--they're worth every cent.
etysmile.gif

Although, etys sound TOTALLY different than the Boses. I've heard both and the Bose phones' bass totally overpowers the rest of the spectrum, while the Etys are very bright, but don't color the sound too much.

Aug 10, 2007 at 2:54 AM Post #34 of 57
so how good are the bose ie's? can someone explain to me the sq?

Aug 10, 2007 at 5:12 AM Post #35 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by saboteur1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Although, etys sound TOTALLY different than the Boses. I've heard both and the Bose phones' bass totally overpowers the rest of the spectrum, while the Etys are very bright, but don't color the sound too much.

I prefer it that way. The Bose TriPort IE has too much boomy bass, which makes it uncomfortable to hear. I like the more balanced sound of the ER6i.
etysmile.gif

Aug 10, 2007 at 5:21 AM Post #36 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by mreggen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Go around to any hi-fi forum on the net, you will see there is almost a 100% collective disdain of BOSE. It is generally agreed upon that all their products are overpriced and therefore not good value for your money. So while all BOSE stuff might not be horrible, you can almost always find a better alternative in the price range.

unfortunately, this also means that almost everyone dismisses Bose out of hand w/out ever having heard them.

so i take what people say w/ much grains of salt regarding sound quality.

Aug 10, 2007 at 10:58 PM Post #37 of 57
Isn't everything just opinion??

Everything in the world is opinion, and especially this type of thing. It isn't a fact that bose are crap, it is your opinion!!!

Pez i like the bose ie. But go to a bose shop and try them for youself!

Tom

Aug 10, 2007 at 11:13 PM Post #38 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by SactoMan101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I prefer it that way. The Bose TriPort IE has too much boomy bass, which makes it uncomfortable to hear. I like the more balanced sound of the ER6i.
etysmile.gif

I'm just saying, if he likes the Bose, he probably won't like the Er6is. I would much rather have the Ety than the Bose. The Bose's don't really stay in your ear at all!

Aug 10, 2007 at 11:17 PM Post #39 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by wiseman405 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Everything in the world is opinion, and especially this type of thing. It isn't a fact that bose are crap, it is your opinion!!!

Tom

If you like Bose, then for sure you aren't a fan of clarity.

Aug 11, 2007 at 1:13 AM Post #40 of 57
Dear god people, you're animals! The Bose IE aren't too bad a pair of headphones, and depending on his likes / dislikes, could be better than others (or not). It has tons of bass for one thing, which people either like or dislike, and a very relaxed sound signature (some people like this, I personally found the highs to be too recessed for me). They're also quite comfortable IMO. Telling him he's made a horrible mistake, or recommending completely different headphones (ER6is), especially when he never said he wanted to change is just ignorant. Thinking you're so much better just because you discovered this board than people who like the Triport IEs and, in many cases, dissing them without having heard them just disgusts me.

Aug 11, 2007 at 1:23 AM Post #41 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by wiseman405 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Tom

try other brands of iem before making your conclusion.

you will be shocked
600smile.gif

Aug 11, 2007 at 1:31 AM Post #42 of 57
I own some pretty nice phones, nothing too expensive, and I like them all. Someone recently gave me a pair of Bose IEMs for free, and I thought I would hate them. Guess what, while they are nowhere near worth $99, if I boost the highs using EQ (acoustic on my ZVM), they aren't that horrible. I like them more than my old pair of Vibes and the UM1s I sold. I know, call me crazy. And I certainly love the sound of my PK1s and M5s much more. But again, the Bose IEs are not as bad as I expected, though realistically worth no more than $35 (but the PK3s are a better sound sig for my tastes). I have to say, the Bose tips are very comfy (I got the new ones they issued in June).

I know, this might sound like damning with faint praise, and at $100, a better idea would be to buy a pair of M5s or PK1s (though you need an amp for the latter), if the OP likes them, far be it for me to ridicule his taste.

Aug 11, 2007 at 1:35 AM Post #43 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by pez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so how good are the bose ie's? can someone explain to me the sq?

No one's answered your question yet, so I'll explain:

Imagine a Senn CX300, except without the (somwhat sibilant) highs, and *gasp* they have more bass. No isolation. They also are just earbuds, as far as fit goes. The sound hole goes in your ear, but they fall out a lot.

Aug 11, 2007 at 3:30 AM Post #44 of 57
Hey guys, how do the Shure E2c compare to the Bose in ear headphones? My wife got the Bose today and I'm not all that impressed, decent bass but where's the treble? She seems happy enough with them but I feel she got robbed!

I don't have any other in ear headphones to compare them to apart from the crappy ones that come with the ipod but I compared them to my sennheiser px 100s and the Sennheiser's sounded better in every department but bass to me.

She bought the Bose from QVC, I noticed they had the Shure E2c's for the same price.
What do you guys think? Would it be worth returning the Bose for them?

Aug 11, 2007 at 3:51 AM Post #45 of 57
I think Shure makes a great product and I'm very happy with my E2's, but I was just recommended the Mylarone X3's as an upgrade [not that I was asking, but I always appreciate advice] that actually costs less, so you could check those out as well.
I think the E2's would probably sound better than the Bose ones by a fair margin because of the isolation alone, and the Shures will also pretty much never fall out of your ears if you're using the good ol' expanding foam tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back