Bose in-ear, Shure E2c or Etymotic Research ER-6?
Feb 25, 2007 at 2:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Chopha

100+ Head-Fier
Hello!

My brother-in-law becomes 40 next week, and for birthday gift he says that he would like the Bose in-ear headphones. Are they any good, or should I instead buy him a pair of Shure E2c or Etymotic Research ER-6?
He will use the IEM’s straight out of his Ipod 80Gb video and he will listen to all kind of music with them.

Thanks in advance...
/Chopha

Feb 25, 2007 at 3:27 PM Post #2 of 5
I would stay far away from the Bose in-ears and the Shure E2C aren't that much better. The Ety ER-6 are nice, but the ER-6i are better. See if you can get him those instead...I'm sure he'll like them.

Feb 25, 2007 at 3:52 PM Post #3 of 5
They Ety ER-6i arent 'better' then the ER-6, they only drive easier through an portable player. The sound signature of the ER-6i has a boosted bass but some other head-fiers say the ER-6's bass is more impressive though.

Feb 25, 2007 at 4:00 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Nobax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They Ety ER-6i arent 'better' then the ER-6, they only drive easier through an portable player. The sound signature of the ER-6i has a boosted bass but some other head-fiers say the ER-6's bass is more impressive though.

Actually the ER-6 is closer to the ER-4's sound signature, but I personally think the ER-6i has a more balanced sound (I'm not a big fan of the ER-4 myself though). Also, the fact that the OP's friend is going to be using an iPod with no amp makes the ER-6i a better contender.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back