Bose In-ear repair
Mar 16, 2010 at 5:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

A-5best

New Head-Fier
So I have a pair of the old bose in ears(the ones without the right angle plug) and since they see a fair amount of abuse in my pocket and such the connection from the wire to the fat plug has seemed to stopped working properly. Now I can only hear music through one ear and if I finagle the wire a bit then I can hear it.

My question being is it possible to just buy a new jack and solder it on? I searched but couldn't quite find something like this. Any help would be appreciated, otherwise I need to buy a new pair of in ears...

Seems like this is about right yeah?
http://helpfulvideo.com/video/show/1...hone-jack.html

I cut off the base and see an exposed bunch of think copper wires, exposed bunch of thin red and exposed bunch of thin blue all with white thread around. Im assuming the cooper is ground and the red/blue are right/left but they are exposed and not insulated. Would this be any problem when connecting them to a new jack? Also I opened up the large housing above the jack and there is a chip in there. Am I screwed?

Mar 16, 2010 at 10:27 PM Post #2 of 4
^ You can easily solder on a new plug. Those wires are not bare but they actually coated with enamel (I think it was called like that). What you do is you want to burn that of with some solder. Just let the hot solder melt the enamel away and solder the wires to your plug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back