Bose in ear headphones?????
Jan 29, 2009 at 5:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

cacti45

New Head-Fier
So i just bought a new ipod touch and a pair of bose in ear headphones from newegg. After listening to some stuff through the bose and the normal stock apple phones that come with the ipod i realized there really was no sound difference. Now the thing is, the bose headphones came in a box and not a plastic sealed case. Are they fakes???? Newegg is a pretty respectable site, so im not sure they would be selling me fake crap like that.

Jan 29, 2009 at 5:19 AM Post #3 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by TacticalPenguin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1. I doubt they're fake
2. Listen closer
3. Bose sucks, get some real IEMs

+1 and maybe you just cant hear a difference in sound signatures and quality.

Jan 29, 2009 at 6:22 AM Post #7 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by JPIndustrie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not Bose. lol

How much do you want to spend?

100-220 or so. As you can tell im new to all of this. I got caught up in the bose name, because its all i knew. But ive done some research and apparently shure is a really good brand?

Jan 29, 2009 at 6:34 AM Post #8 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by cacti45 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
100-220 or so. As you can tell im new to all of this. I got caught up in the bose name, because its all i knew. But ive done some research and apparently shure is a really good brand?

You haven't done enough research if you only came up with Shure and Bose. Those two are pretty much everywhere in stores.

If you're willing to spend between 100 to 220 range, I suggest the Phonak Audeo PFE. They're 140 bucks, and apparently the best soundthing IEMs under 200 bucks. They're almost as good as Westone 3, and Shure SE530s, I've heard. Everyone who tried them so far has liked them a lot. Visit the thread!

Unless you want massive skull-shaking bass, go with the Phonaks Audeo PFEs.

Jan 29, 2009 at 6:37 AM Post #9 of 23
They should be better then the stock buds. If you listen more, with some time you notice the difference.

Having said that Bose is really more hype and marketing that anything. Bose = overpaid fore so so quality and marketing.

Jan 29, 2009 at 6:42 AM Post #10 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ojsinnerz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You haven't done enough research if you only came up with Shure and Bose. Those two are pretty much everywhere in stores.

If you're willing to spend between 100 to 220 range, I suggest the Phonak Audeo PFE. They're 140 bucks, and apparently the best soundthing IEMs under 200 bucks. They're almost as good as Westone 3, and Shure SE530s, I've heard. Everyone who tried them so far has liked them a lot. Visit the thread!

Unless you want massive skull-shaking bass, go with the Phonaks Audeo PFEs.

Ditto...

I have both the Shure SE530 and the Phanoke Audeo PFE, and the Phanokes are right up there and a great deal.

Again listen to them for several days to let you brain and the phones adjust to the new sound. Then you begin to really notice the difference.

Jan 29, 2009 at 7:41 AM Post #13 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by cacti45 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is the ultimate ears brand any good?

They're great, but i myself prefer the sound sugnature of Westone, Shure, and Klipsch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back