BOSE Headphones
Apr 2, 2005 at 9:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

tgunner

Head-Fier
I know that BOSE is a highly respected Home Audio Company, but how are their headphones?? I'm not really taliking about Noise-Cancelling ones, just plain headphones, like the BOSE Triport. I never hear anyone around here talking about them. For the price, they'd better soung good!!
600smile.gif

Apr 2, 2005 at 10:17 PM Post #3 of 27
Bose = overpriced

Bose headphones = bad build and highly overpriced, i.e triports are often considered worse than certain $20 headphones . . .

Apr 2, 2005 at 10:32 PM Post #4 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by tgunner
I know that BOSE is a highly respected Home Audio Company...

only by those who fall for the marketing...bose is largely regarded as Crap by audiophiles. search the headphone forum for reviews

Apr 2, 2005 at 10:33 PM Post #5 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn
A search with "bose" as keyword might surprise you...
biggrin.gif

The search came up with 5 million, seven hundred, and ninety thousand ( 5,790,000 ) results!! I just wanted to see what the pros around here say.
mad.gif

Apr 2, 2005 at 10:47 PM Post #6 of 27
Sorry, I meant you should do a search here in the "head-fi" forum, in its "headphones" section, not on google
smily_headphones1.gif

You will see that the consensus among the "pros around here" is that Bose are tremendously overpriced or, the other way 'round, a very poor value for the money (you can buy much better for the same $).

Apr 2, 2005 at 11:58 PM Post #10 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by fr4c
they do warm up your ear quite well during the winter....

Yah but eggos can do that and sound good at teh same time, for an even cheaper price.

Apr 3, 2005 at 3:15 AM Post #11 of 27
the only things they do well are: 1. they are comfortable (the triports) 2. They are light (triports) 3 They look decent. 4. They block out a good bit of noise (QC2's)

and thats it.

Apr 3, 2005 at 4:21 AM Post #13 of 27
As a formal owner of QC2, I suggest you try it or even compare them with headphones of the same price range, and you will be surprised by the sound quality or the lack of.

One good thing that my QC2 done for me is led me to this forum and I found 'the way', lol, so to speak.

best of luck

overlunge

Apr 3, 2005 at 6:30 AM Post #14 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by tgunner
I know that BOSE is a highly respected Home Audio Company,

i'm not sure about that statement. i went to a home theater forum and they also commented that bose is anything but 'audiophile'. the general impression i get from pros are that bose products are mediocre for the price they sell.

Apr 3, 2005 at 6:34 AM Post #15 of 27
BOSE headphones sound no better than mediocre on an absolute scale - and especially turderrific for the high prices which they sell for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back