BOSE for musicians. New PA system. A 180 degree in the pro-audio industry
Jan 1, 2004 at 11:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Ari

500+ Head-Fier
It's a new PA philosophy. There are 25 bands in USA beta-testing this Bose® L1 Cylindrical Radiator™.

It is not headphone related ( Y or N ? ) but it is audio any way, and there are a lot of musicians here...

Surf here and go for "Products for Musicians" . Sorry, this link is not connecting directly to the page and I don't know why.

Ari

Jan 1, 2004 at 7:06 PM Post #2 of 7
After looking at several pages of sales pitches and "why you have to buy this" b.s., I gave up on trying to find any actual technical information, the lack of which leads me to believe that it is old technologies (looks like a line source array to me), repackaged with the all too familier Bose product spin placed on it, which is what Bose is best at, after all.

Jan 2, 2004 at 7:43 AM Post #3 of 7
I sincerely do believe that they may have developed new technology (I believe their rants). But, I believe that they might be, as they usually do, over-hyping their claims as being revolutionary while their new techonolgoy is nothing more than a miniscule upgrade from existing techonology. Though, I do notice that they tack on an imposing name to make their gear "look" professional...

Jan 2, 2004 at 11:24 AM Post #4 of 7
OK Guys !!

Let's suppose it is not BOSE. Let's pretend it is ..... EAW

Now, let's focus on the *concept*. That's all that matters...

Know what? When I was a kid, I thought in 2000 the cars would not need tires any more. They would fly like in "The Jetsons" ...

I always get happy when I see a new concept in ANY thing because i feel we are approaching "my 2000", if you know what I mean...

Best

Ari

Jan 2, 2004 at 8:52 PM Post #5 of 7
Ari, I understand your position, but you have to keep in mind that most informed audio people take such Bose announcements with a big grain of salt. After all, most of Bose's big announcements of "technological innovations" tend to be little more than snake oil pitches
wink.gif

Jan 3, 2004 at 3:12 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

After all, most of Bose's big announcements of "technological innovations" tend to be little more than snake oil pitches

you trying to say you never witnessed the table radio growing a set of full sized speakers ?

nor that your TV loudspeaker sounds better than ever when the bose commercial comes on (how else would you know the bose sounded better) ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back