Bose can make you sick...no really, it can
Feb 13, 2008 at 12:19 AM Post #3 of 11
As described there - very plausible. Sub-sonic frequencies may cause a person to become sick, and some that are low enough (assuming pretty good volume and prolonged exposure) may cause insanity. It was an interrogation method used during WWII but USSR and German military.
Making you sick and unable to eat much next day - clearly not the worst scenario...

Feb 13, 2008 at 12:21 AM Post #4 of 11
Sounds, like food poisoning. Also keep in mind, some people are just hypochondriacs, and tend to make themselves sick.

Feb 13, 2008 at 12:25 AM Post #5 of 11
When I try some supraural headphones with tons of clamping force... I can feel as if I am getting motion sickness due to too much pressure around my ear - like a pressure point.
frown.gif

Feb 13, 2008 at 1:10 AM Post #6 of 11
I hate noise-canceling headphones. While I'm impervious to any kind of motion sickness or anything of the sort, I always hate that feeling that my eardrums are being sucked outwards.

Feb 13, 2008 at 3:23 AM Post #7 of 11
It's not the noise canceling, it's just Bose! What do you expect from them?

Just kidding, just kidding. Honestly I always feel a bit disoriented/strained while wearing noise canceling phones, so I can understand how it's possible. Plus every one has a different body, so they can react differently to the same discomforts. Personally I like open 'phones, so I just can't adjust.

Granted, I only use my gf's phones right now.
frown.gif
She has a nice collection. I'm in the market for the AD700's personally, which would be my first pair of 'real' cans.

Feb 13, 2008 at 12:20 PM Post #9 of 11
maybe...just maybe...noise-cancelling phones cancel out sounds that your brain normally expects to hear, and confuses your brain?

Feb 13, 2008 at 5:29 PM Post #10 of 11
Another reason not to buy the BOSE 'phones...
tongue.gif

Feb 13, 2008 at 6:06 PM Post #11 of 11
I demod the Bose QC comfort 2 and 3 last year through the Bose dealer and had balance and dizzyness issues similar to sea sickness for about two hours.

As you can see at the bottom, I have access to two pairs of pxc150's and have neaver experienced this with the Sennheiser Noiseguard cans.

Recently I demod the top of the range Sennheiser pxc450 in Curries Digital at Manchester airport and once more had no problems at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back