Bose Around Ear or Panasonic HTX7
Oct 2, 2008 at 5:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

iphone3g

Head-Fier
I want some good around ear headphones for my iphone

Has anyone used these 2 headphones and help me decide between the 2?

also feel free to suggest some good around ear cans thats suitable for a ipod

Oct 2, 2008 at 5:51 AM Post #2 of 6
Hmm, I already know where this is going
smily_headphones1.gif
. I would say neither...

Oct 2, 2008 at 6:14 AM Post #3 of 6
Alright, I'll try to make this as unbiased as possible...

The Bose Triports/AE are not really terrible unless you are used to high end cans. If you are coming from iBuds or equivalent, they will actually sound good, but they have this kind of muddy bassy sound to them with an exaggerated high end but with almost no mids that you don't really realize that much until you listen to a high end pair of cans.
They are known for their comfort especially for long listening sessions, but they are so flimsy and just feel cheaply made. Mine have broken at least 3 times and I've had to superglue them back together. They are definitely not worth the pricetag Bose wants.
I'm sure a more experienced Head-Fi member can steer you in the right direction for headphones that will sound much better than the Triports for lots less.

Oct 2, 2008 at 6:09 PM Post #4 of 6
bumppp
thanks quake
i can pretty much rule out the Bose headphones

i dont want any grados because of how open they are
i was also looking at the HD280s, but im worried that they are too good to be used with a ipod

anyone have any more suggestions?

Oct 2, 2008 at 8:02 PM Post #6 of 6
hd280s may have an issue with the ipod headphone out because they are pretty revealing. they're great on isolation, though

you've got a lot of options, spend some time around here
smily_headphones1.gif

oh, and yes, no bose. awfulwaffle - don't let the guys wanting to play it fair as they tell you how it's not the best fool you! the construction is the cruddiest!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back