Bose and friends.
Feb 13, 2007 at 8:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 140

sigmatron

100+ Head-Fier
A guy I know bought Bose QC3. He was talking about how good the bass was. Lol
He had five or six people hear “it”. I do not say anything to him about how bad the Bose on-ear sounds. He had some rap song playing. You could hear really badly bass enhancements. “It sounds like car bass” he say. Hahahaha ha I fell sorry for him. It do not even come close.

A friend got a triport for x-mis. Haa It better then getting the on-ear.
icon10.gif

edit: Bose on-ear not QC3

Feb 13, 2007 at 8:16 AM Post #3 of 140
soon, you'll be ostracized from your friends who will have some form of Bose headphone. Quick! Get some Triport AEs, to fit in!

Feb 13, 2007 at 8:34 AM Post #6 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lectorcito /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There should a sticky, "Bose is Pure ****. The Official Thread," or something like that, so people don't need to open new threads to bash Bose every other day.

yes! one Thread post the "The Official Bose Bashing Thread" so all post go in. Some one make it. ok.

Feb 13, 2007 at 10:51 AM Post #7 of 140
i used to work retail and we used the following sentament. "No Highs, No Lows. It must be Bose." However in all fairness I do own a pair of QC2's that Bose gave me for free... i use them on my PC as I listen to Hi-Fi on my home system. They broke and Bose is sending me the upgrades for free so as a company I can say they do take care of their people and their customer service is outstanding. Something to be said for that.

Feb 13, 2007 at 11:56 AM Post #11 of 140
Bose has become the kid at school that everyone picks on. The lowest kid in the pecking order. Low man on the totem pole. The bottom of the barrel.

Everyone just likes to pile on and rag on Bose.

It doesn't give you "cool" points to trash Bose, folks. Stop spouting off the trite statements and start putting together a thorough review instead.

All these one-liners and so-called witticisms do nothing to enrich the head-fi.org community, nor will they entice Bose to actually take any of the tripe spewed here about their products seriously (who knows? they might be watching).

Feb 13, 2007 at 3:33 PM Post #14 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by luckybaer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All these one-liners and so-called witticisms do nothing to enrich the head-fi.org community, nor will they entice Bose to actually take any of the tripe spewed here about their products seriously (who knows? they might be watching).

A Bose rep probably lurks here, but as you said, would you jump off the boat if the sharks smell the chum? Me neither. It's just the combo of the easy absent target and the continual new folks that come here already in the thrall of Bose that perpetuate the Bose bashing. Personally I don't see too much wrong in continuing criticism about it, as long as the stuff continues to be overpriced and new folks continue to not know about it.

But yes, we could be nicer about it. But we aren't. It's the internet after all.
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 13, 2007 at 4:06 PM Post #15 of 140
Quote:

redrich2000 - The ridiculously excessive Bose-bashing degrades Head-Fi. The mods should start deleting these threads.

luckybaer Bose has become the kid at school that everyone picks on. The lowest kid in the pecking order. Low man on the totem pole. The bottom of the barrel.

Everyone just likes to pile on and rag on Bose.

It doesn't give you "cool" points to trash Bose, folks. Stop spouting off the trite statements and start putting together a thorough review instead.

x2 on both accounts!

I totally agree 100%. And I'm sure I'll get my fair share of bashing for defending Bose. However, I don't give a rat's booty what anyone else thinks. I've heard quite a bit of Bose stuff over the years, from their very smallest speakers to their Wave Radios to their flagship 901's. For the size and quality drivers they use in all of their products, they do a pretty darn good job. Apparently, Bose has been doing something right for the past 40+ years of being in business. Not to mention a lot of their products go for years and years unchanged, or with minor updates here and there.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with Bose.

It's your own stupidity to actaully think that two 5.25" woofers are going to produce the same amount of bass quality AND quantity (especailly with crap, urr... I mean rap) as a larger subwoofer would. It's also your own stupidity to expect small 2" drivers to produce a large, loud, fullrange sound as traditional bookshelf speakers with much larger drivers and enclosures.

Bose's products do exactly what they say they do. They provide a fullrange sound for the average user in an average setup. Not once have you ever seen or heard Bose place their products in a dedicated 2-channel listening room or a dedicated theater room. No, you always see in their adds that their products are setup on a kitchen counter, or on a crowded bookshelf, or on either side of a smallish TV with comsumer grade video equipment that you would find at CC or BB.

These systems are for the average person who perfers a better sound than an your average Sony boombox, but doesn't want to or care to spend big $$$ on a hifi/theater system.

If you feel that you have to bash Bose every chance you get, then you HAVE to bash all the other comapanies like Cambridge Soundworks, Teac, JVC, Kenwood, Sony, etc, etc, etc with all of their little All-In-One mini-systems.

People, it's about darn time you grow up and face the facts that not only is Bose aware of the stupid bashing that goes on every day of the week about them, but they really don't give a crap what you all say and think either. Obviously they aren't going to change anything based on a bunch of schmucks running their mouths.

Have a nice day.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back