Bose AE2i or Sennheiser PX 200-IIi or Other
Jan 6, 2012 at 10:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

kage

Head-Fier
I have a 4th Generation iPod Touch and I'm looking to purchase a headphone the my iPod can handle without purchasing an headphone amp. I tried out out a few earphones (such as the Klipsch S4, Shure 215) a few weeks ago.  Both iems and earbuds were very uncomfortable for ears. I decided that I want to use the portable headphones.

I wear glasses and I need portable headphones that a good in comfort as well in sound quality. I've been looking at portable headphones for under $200 that my iPod can power them easy without a headphone amp. I currently have the Sennheiser HD 558 and I use to only them to watch movies and play video games on my main system. The headphones that I've looking at are the Bose AE2i and Sennheiser PX 200-IIi. I read mixed reviews on the comfort level and bass levels on the PX 200-IIi and on the Bose AE2i there are more positve reviews on it. The types of music that I listen to is Christian rock and from Tenors (i.e Josh Gorban, Andrea Bocelli). If you have another recommendation, here are the requirements for the headphone:
1. Very good sound quality.
2. Build quality must be good for the price.
3. Must be very comfortable
4. Must have decent bass, but not too much bass.

Jan 6, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #2 of 2
I've listened to the AE2s briefly so I only have a first impression. However I can say that the clarity overwhelmed me. They were pretty comfortable too. As for details, soundstage, and everything else... I didn't pay attention to these. It's well established around here that Bose headphones are decent, but overpriced, so I recommend you to search for other brands before making a purchase.

Keep in mind that I've not listened to many headphones in this lifetime (perhaps only 4) and I don't own any in particular, so take my comment with a grain of salt. There's most likely better headphones out there for less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back