Bose AE2 vs KSC-75?
Mar 4, 2012 at 9:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

legolas52

Head-Fier
Hi!

I'm considering buying a pair of around-ear phones and I've almost settled on the AE2s. I'm not really an audiophile but I can tell tell the difference between the KSC-75's and JVC Marshmallows (both sound good to me, I like KSC-75's more....what can I say, I'm a person of simple tastes). I can very easily tell crappy sound quality from $10 buds like the JVC gummies or iPod phones. 

I love the sound of the KSC-75's and I'd just like to get similar sound in just a comfortable, light, portable around ear form. Can anyone compare the sound of the AE2s vs the KSC-75's. I'm kind of far from stores which carry the Bose. Thanks!

P.S
I know head-fi hates them because they're not worth it for the money, but I like them for 1) design (ear cups, detachable ear cup cable) 2) portability (thin cable, sleek look, no need for an amp) & weight. $150 is more than I want to spend on a pair of head phones but I'm by a computer a large portion of the day and I'd like a pair of around-ear phones.  I currently have the HD280s, but hate their fit and bulk (and sound).

Mar 4, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #2 of 2
Check out the Sony MDR-V6's. Headroom has them for $100 (Which is probably the best you're going to find for a legitimate pair).

They are a fantastic sounding headphone, with a similar (but better) sound signature to the KSC-75's. They are less bulky than the HD280's, and fold up very tightly for portable use.

The cable isn't detachable, but it's sturdy enough to weather almost any abuse.

EDIT: Crap, looks like Headroom doesn't currently have them.

If you wanted to go the used route, I bet you could snag a pair here on Head-fi for about $50.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back