Bored, I registered my first domain name
Mar 5, 2005 at 8:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

chadbang

Headphoneus Supremus
I never did this before, but I couldn't resist. For some reason this phrase got stuck in my head a couple weeks ago and it was available. What do you think of this phrase/domain

http://www.trashstatus.com

The other question is: What the hell am I going to do with this? Heheh. Oh well, only $14 for three years of immortality/obsurity? I know nothing about websites.
rolleyes.gif

Mar 5, 2005 at 9:29 AM Post #2 of 10
I went to do just that this morning, still signing up 10hours later
frown.gif

I'm also wondering which web hosts don't clutter your web-space up (on the basic plan etc) with their ads?

Mar 5, 2005 at 9:31 AM Post #3 of 10
Well, I'd suggest to include a trash-o-meter that shows how trashy you just feel at the moment. And you could also include a questionnaire form with questions for the visitors that result in their trash status being shown on the trash-o-meterplus a bit a pseudo psychological burble. Whatever...
wink.gif

But actually, I don't know anything about web-sites either - apart from filling 'em, when equipped with a content management system.
smily_headphones1.gif
I've got one, nevertheless - couldn't really miss the opportunity, as I was able to reserve my family name for me. Since then, I gladly own that thingy, which still shows its original default "under construction" sign.
biggrin.gif

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Mar 5, 2005 at 11:18 AM Post #5 of 10
Guys, I was trying to register my nickname as my domain couple of months ago, www.rycet.com however someone has registered that. Beside paying him to release that domain name, is there any other way to get that domain name?

Mar 5, 2005 at 11:23 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by RYCeT
Guys, I was trying to register my nickname as my domain couple of months ago, www.rycet.com however someone has registered that. Beside paying him to release that domain name, is there any other way to get that domain name?

Nope. Well only if he lets the domain expire.

Mar 5, 2005 at 11:35 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

These are all available:

RYCET.CO.UK
RYCET.ORG
RYCET.BIZ
RYCET.NET

and many more!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 5, 2005 at 1:28 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

How do I check when his registration supposed to be expired.
I knew that other .org .net .biz is available, but I want the .com one.

If you do a "whois" search on the domain you will find out how long the guy has registered the domain for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back