Borat is a star!
Sep 29, 2006 at 7:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

daveDerek

Headphoneus Supremus
so i fell asleep in front of the tv after the 11 o'clock news and was drifting in and out of consciousness periodically. nightline was on and i woke up to find a segment featuring none other than our own Borat! he was in washington, i believe, and was doing some political schtick re kazakhstan (or was i just too sleepy to get this right?). congrats Borat, and do tell us more about this.

Sep 29, 2006 at 7:51 AM Post #2 of 15
You have never seen that?
Borat is a character from Da Ali G show on HBO.

http://www.hbo.com/alig/?ntrack_para...tegory0_show18

Quote:

Borat Sagdiyev is Kazakhstan's sixth most famous man. A leading journalist from the State run TV network, Borat has been sent to the United States to report on all aspects of American life. From baseball to Broadway, Borat asks the questions no westerner would dream of in his tireless quest for knowledge, telling dating agencies he will 'crush' women who are unfaithful, touching the penises of Vietnam veterans in Atlanta, urinating on trees with new age gurus in Sedona. Borat on his first ever trip abroad presents a picture of America that only Charles Manson would recognize.

Sep 29, 2006 at 2:39 PM Post #4 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveDerek
i woke up to find a segment featuring none other than our own Borat!

Are you saying the person you saw on TV was the Head-Fi'er who uses Borat as his handle?

Sep 29, 2006 at 5:19 PM Post #6 of 15
Haha someone is WAY out of the loop
biggrin.gif

--Illah

Sep 29, 2006 at 8:57 PM Post #7 of 15
I am really looking forward to his new flick. It sounds like it'll be even better that Clerks 2.

Sep 29, 2006 at 9:26 PM Post #8 of 15
Ahahha good times.

Biggie.

Sep 30, 2006 at 12:10 AM Post #9 of 15
I saw the borat movie at the international film festival and it was an absolute riot. By the end of it, my cheeks hurt from smiling so much...

Sep 30, 2006 at 1:53 AM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterX
You have never seen that?
Borat is a character from Da Ali G show on HBO.

http://www.hbo.com/alig/?ntrack_para...tegory0_show18

nope. that's new(s) to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by socrates63
Are you saying the person you saw on TV was the Head-Fi'er who uses Borat as his handle?

that's what it looked like to me. maybe i was just too tired.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MASantos
Borat is not a real person, he is a character of the English comedian Sacha Baron Cohen, aka Ali G, aka Borat.
I think that head-fi member borat was inspired by Sachas's character when he joined head-fi!

oh, i guess that's where his handle came from. i often wonder where folks get their forum names from.

Sep 30, 2006 at 7:41 PM Post #12 of 15
Da Ali G Show rocks. Borat the movie I don't think is going to be too good. It is all scripted and not the candid type things Sasha does in Da Ali G Show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back