Booze for 21st Birthday
Jan 4, 2014 at 10:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

JoeDoe

Headphoneus Supremus
My brother turns 21 tomorrow, which means in Alabama, I need to buy something for him today.

Suggestions for someone who is not a huge beer drinker and has had very few types of liquor? I'd like to keep it under $50.

Jun 27, 2020 at 11:36 PM Post #3 of 14
If someone is not a huge beer drinker, typically the person likes sweet fruity cocktails....Basically the girly drinks.

That said, there is nothing wrong with that. I actually like a lot of girly drinks but I tend to like the ones that are made with high quality ingredients.

If you’re on a budget, you can try the fruity cocktails that come in a can. I usually don’t like them but occasionally I will find a decent one that I will drink.

Jun 27, 2020 at 11:54 PM Post #5 of 14
If you have access to an authentic Italian restaurant with a bar, I recommend the Italian cocktails. Stuff like the Bellini, Aperol Spritz, etc....They are kind of girly, but they are well respected drinks among cocktail aficionados.

Other popular sweet cocktails I recommend would be the caiprinha (the national drink of Brazil) the mohito (very popular in Miami) and the 1940s version of the daiquiri (This is a great drink Ernest Hemingway had)

If you want a more masculine cocktail, the iconic drink is the Old Fashioned. It’s actually easy to make at home but you have to figure out which Whiskey to choose. That makes a big difference.

Aug 11, 2020 at 5:24 PM Post #7 of 14
After thinking about this for a few weeks, I think the best overall drink Is the Aperol Spritz.

The Aperol Spritz is a very famous Italian cocktail that cocktail aficionados like and respect AND........at the same time, it’s also well liked by people who don’t really like alcohol. It’s a good overall balance. It’s kind of a girly cocktail so if you’re macho man type of drinker, just pour it in a cup.

Aug 29, 2020 at 12:44 AM Post #13 of 14
Hmmm...... Gin and tonic. It’s a fine drink,

The great thing about it is that it’s easy to find in just about every bar and club. It doesn’t require high level mixologist skills so even an unskilled bartender can make a decent version. Also great for the summer.......And the drink does bring back fun memories

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back