Booq PodPaq Denim Review (Lots of Pics)
Nov 16, 2005 at 6:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Jakets

500+ Head-Fier
Just received it today, I couldn't find a review anywhere on it, so I thought i would help the next person out. I originally wanted a Vaja case, bought came across this. It looked like a very sexy alternative at around half the cost ($48 shipped). The order went well and arrived quickly. The packaging was pretty plain and simple (elegant some would say) It was shipped in a yellow bubble mailer.

Picture%20001.jpg

Picture%20002.jpg

My first impression was WOW! It went downhill from there..

Picture%20004.jpg

Picture%20009.jpg

Picture%20010.jpg

Picture%20011.jpg

Picture%20014.jpg

Picture%20015.jpg

While the case looks very nice out of the box, the trouble begins when you insert the iPod (In my case a 60gb 4th gen). The inside of the case isn't layered with a soft silky non scratch material, instead its just polished leather, and the stitching from the belt clip shows inside, allowing it to rub against the iPod. My iPod is PERFECT, nothing more than hairline scratches from cleaning, and i was hoping to keep it that way. After only 2 insertions i can see larger scratches forming on the back.

Picture%20005.jpg

Picture%20006.jpg

The belt clip is Only SO-SO, its not a locking one so it spins freely once attached, which means you have no power on how it sits when attached (Horizontal or Vertical)

Picture%20007.jpg

Picture%20008.jpg

Picture%20010.jpg

And lastly the cuts for the Headphone and Dock ports. The headphone has a very clean and well done cut, however it would have been nice if it was just a bit more forward, as the headphone plug rubs against one side, and has considerable space from the other side. The dock cut.. Well its horrible, it looks like it was cut with scissors poorly, and then they took a lighter around the edges to keep it from fraying.

Picture%20012.jpg

Picture%20013.jpg

Conclusion:
I'm disappointed in this, while it doesn't stop the functionality any, thats not why i bought the case. I wanted it to look GOOD, I can get a functional case for $15 Shipped, I expected more for nearly $50. I may return it, and search for a better case, I may also try and make a few modifications myself (re-cut both holes better, line the inside with microfiber cloth, remove the belt clip and add a better one). If I could do it again, I wouldn't buy this one.

I give this case 6.5/10

Nov 16, 2005 at 6:53 PM Post #4 of 13
Wow, those last two pics make the case look horrible. The hole cut for the dock port literally does look like it was cut quickly with scissors, and the actual fit looks uneven, not what I'd want out of a $50 case. Coupled with the fact that it scratches your iPod, I'd return that thing.

Nov 16, 2005 at 6:58 PM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeB06
Wow, those last two pics make the case look horrible. The hole cut for the dock port literally does look like it was cut quickly with scissors, and the actual fit looks uneven, not what I'd want out of a $50 case. Coupled with the fact that it scratches your iPod, I'd return that thing.

Its to bad, i really wanted to like it. The case looks really great as long as you dont look at the bottom, and the way it scratches my iPod just sucks.. Im sending them an email right now, i belive there good about returns and refunds.

Nov 16, 2005 at 7:10 PM Post #6 of 13
That's good. Overall it looks like it would be a nice case, but those flaws just stick out too much to warrant keeping it. Good luck with the return.

Nov 17, 2005 at 3:05 PM Post #11 of 13
i hope u didnt pay $34 for the Belkin... Walmart has this exact same one (belkin NE) for $12 or $14... i got one a while ago

Nov 17, 2005 at 5:56 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx280ps
i hope u didnt pay $34 for the Belkin... Walmart has this exact same one (belkin NE) for $12 or $14... i got one a while ago

Gah! i searched everywhere, the best i found online was $21 shipped. I dont see it anywhere on there website.

Nov 17, 2005 at 7:15 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakets
Gah! i searched everywhere, the best i found online was $21 shipped. I dont see it anywhere on there website.

I use the exact same Belkin case to strap on my arm when working out at the gym, I got it at Walmart for around $15 as well. I don't recall seeing it on their website when I checked before buying it either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back