Boom 3D audio
Jul 4, 2021 at 12:58 AM Post #5 of 8
I've been using it since it came out, have a ton of presets, love the depth of the EQ to fine tune whatever band I want. I hate that it doesnt work with AirPlay though.

I really want to know what "Boost ON/OFF" does (its a toggle beside the volume boost bar), customer support has so far never replied to me about it regardless of contact method. If anyone here knows What this button does please let me know.

I also notice that when I turn it on (with no functions enabled) my system volume drops. Its like a big change just hit my audio source, even though it *should* be in bypass mode. Anyone else encounter this? Is it degrading sound quality beyond what we manually enable? Just a volume thing?

Nov 21, 2023 at 2:30 AM Post #6 of 8
I've been using it since it came out, have a ton of presets, love the depth of the EQ to fine tune whatever band I want. I hate that it doesnt work with AirPlay though.

I really want to know what "Boost ON/OFF" does (its a toggle beside the volume boost bar), customer support has so far never replied to me about it regardless of contact method. If anyone here knows What this button does please let me know.

I also notice that when I turn it on (with no functions enabled) my system volume drops. Its like a big change just hit my audio source, even though it *should* be in bypass mode. Anyone else encounter this? Is it degrading sound quality beyond what we manually enable? Just a volume thing?
I know i'm a bit late, but anyway, I used Boom 3D for quite some time when I only had my M40x and a cheap Sharkoon DAC, it made the M40x sound quite... Interesting. Even quite magical I would say. When I got better/different gear and was already deep into the audio healm, I unistalled it and never looked back. Out of curiosity, I then tested Boom 3D with the so called better gear and while I noticed some difference, it wasn't significant nor positive. I guess Boom 3D works really well with entry level stuff or just anything badly tuned from the factory, not sure why it worked so well with the M40x and why the changes were so noticeable. Also, to this day their custumer support never replied to me about what exactly "Boom ON/OFF" does, but i'm pretty sure it just messes with LUFS/perceived loudness.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2023 at 10:53 AM Post #7 of 8
I then tested Boom 3D with the so called better gear and while I noticed some difference, it wasn't significant nor positive. I guess Boom 3D works really well with entry level stuff or just anything badly tuned from the factory, not sure why it worked so well with the M40x and why the changes were so noticeable. Also, to this day their custumer support never replied to me about what exactly "Boom ON/OFF" does, but i'm pretty sure it just messes with LUFS/perceived loudness.
EQ should be an EQ, regardless if you're entry level or not. Whether something is tuned or paired great from the factory is up to you, but usually not (hence all the arguments about science charts)

boom never told me jack either

Nov 23, 2023 at 1:32 PM Post #8 of 8
EQ should be an EQ, regardless if you're entry level or not. Whether something is tuned or paired great from the factory is up to you, but usually not (hence all the arguments about science charts)

boom never told me jack either
Sure. My problem is with the Boom ON/OFF "magic" that they refuse to tell anyone what exactly it does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back