bookshelf speakers or 2.1 computer speakers
Jan 1, 2014 at 5:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Aerathion

100+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone, so I wanted to have some speakers for my computer desk.

And I can't decide what would give me the best audio.
I am around 1 - 1.5 meters away from the speakers.

And I'm deciding between the Microlabs fc 360 2.1 - 46 GB pounds
Or the Microlabs 2.0 6c - 82 GB pounds

So, with the distance I am from my speakers. Should I get bookshelf speakers (6c).
Or just regular computer speakers (fc 360).
My main concern right now is that I Think the fc360 would sound better because of how close I am sitting.
Whereas I think the bookshelves would be too big of a wall of sounds because how big the drivers are.

So TL:DR Get 2.1 computer audio, or 2.0 bookshelves
Any opinions on this?

Jan 2, 2014 at 10:35 PM Post #2 of 19
Not familiar with those specific speakers, but driver size shouldn't be an issue with regular bookshelf speakers. The bigger issue is a rear port and closeness to a wall, also tweeter should be directly pointed at an ear. Most studios use monitors with 4.5" to 8" drivers in nearfield without issue.

Jan 3, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #3 of 19
  Not familiar with those specific speakers, but driver size shouldn't be an issue with regular bookshelf speakers. The bigger issue is a rear port and closeness to a wall, also tweeter should be directly pointed at an ear. Most studios use monitors with 4.5" to 8" drivers in nearfield without issue.

hmm, i see, would the 7c be a problem in my room? i have enough space Behind them, just 2 meters in front of them where im sitting though :).

the 7c have an extra woofer over the 6c, maybe they would make the sound too thick? i dont know really

Jan 3, 2014 at 10:25 AM Post #4 of 19
I don't think it would be a problem at all, provided you could get the tweeters at ear level (or tilt the speakers so the tweeters are pointed at the ear). I know very little about those speakers, but most 3 way designs like that have one of the drivers as a mid and one as a woofer, vs both drivers providing full range.   FWIW, I am using B&W 805s about 1 meter away from my head, No problems at all. They are toed in to make a triangle with my head, and I use auralex mopads for both isolation and to point them so that the tweeter is directly at ear level.

Jan 4, 2014 at 9:19 AM Post #10 of 19
Bookshelf

Jan 4, 2014 at 12:47 PM Post #12 of 19
Jan 4, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #14 of 19

Users who are viewing this thread

Back