Bookshelf speakers for LCD TV
Dec 3, 2007 at 2:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

jerikl

500+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for some advice, typical of a Head-Fi member, no?
smily_headphones1.gif
I just set-up a new LCD TV and the internal speakers are ... not great. I'm looking for bookshelf speakers (+amp) to be used as replacements for better sound when necessary (DVDs, music for casual listening).

Here's the thing: the placement of the TV (and thus the speakers) is less than ideal, so I don't want to spend much. The TV is placed in a small nook in our apartment, to the right side of a doorway, and to the left of a fireplace (a wall forms a corner where the fireplace comes out into the room). Needless to say, there is no room for speakers to be put on stands or mounted or anything of the sort. So, I will be installing a shelf above the TV and will be putting the speakers on the shelf. The shelf will be around 3.5 feet long, one side against a wall (by the fireplace).

I've been looking at the Tivoli Model Two -- I've heard the Model One and really like the sound -- it's more than powerful enough for my needs. It's also sleek, which is definitely a plus for the wife factor. At $200 (maybe less if I can find one on eBay), I'm wondering if a T-Amp and some bookshelf speakers will be better? Or should I stick with the Tivoli?

If a T-Amp, is the 5065 as good as the 5066? And, what about bookshelf speakers? Paradigm Atoms? Are there others for less than $200 that would be worth looking at (and easy to get)?

Or is there another option that I'm totally unaware of that would do the trick?

Thanks for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back