Bookshelf speakers for a bedroom
Feb 19, 2011 at 4:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

BackwardPawn

100+ Head-Fier
Can anyone recommend a pair of bookshelf speakers for a bedroom?  They would be replacing logitech z-680s, which are alright for gaming, but suck as everything else.  I'm powering them with a Yamaha stereo and using an X-fi titanium hd as a source.

Feb 20, 2011 at 10:25 PM Post #2 of 3
My plans for the bedroom are getting a bit more extensive.  Sitting at my desk chair and listening to tunes just ain't cutting it.  I'm considering getting a 37" TV to put on my dresser to dump anything from my monitor (ie. playlists and games) onto it and then sit on my bed to listen/play.  Question is:  Should I get a pair of bookshelf speakers to go with the Yamaha, or do I use headphones for the most part and on the occasions when I want actual speakers I just use the z-680s I have.  They aren't good for music, but they'll do for movies and games.  Plus save me some money that I can spend on future headphone upgrades.

So...does anyone have any recommendations for what I should get.  TV-wise, speaker-wise.  Keep in mind this is a bedroom...I've got the good equipment in the basement.  It will be hooked to a high-end PC, though, so I could see an argument for 1080 over 720, but I'm leaning toward the later for purely budget reasons.

Thanks for any advice.

Feb 22, 2011 at 9:29 PM Post #3 of 3
I think I may just get the TV and use the Logitech system and headphones.  I'll get speakers when I have the budget to do it right.  Logitech is more than enough for gaming and headphones can cover music.  Thanks, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back