Boo-Hoo!: Broken Penguinamp?
Sep 25, 2009 at 8:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Ghigguls

100+ Head-Fier
Oh head-fi the most terrible thing has happened! My beautiful, amp is acting really strange. It plays for a 30 seconds then cuts off. i have to turn it off, then on again for that 30 seconds of sound. It's not the LOD, or the headphones. Brand-new Atrio M8's dontcha know? Anyway head-fi, could u diagnose this problem? My pk1's are crying.

Sep 25, 2009 at 2:36 PM Post #2 of 8
Sorry to hear the sad news :frowning2: have you tried different headphones. Also have you tried a new set of batts. Does it auto shut down due to some safety mechanism from allowing it to get damaged.

Sep 26, 2009 at 3:44 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Albinoni /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry to hear the sad news :frowning2: have you tried different headphones. Also have you tried a new set of batts. Does it auto shut down due to some safety mechanism from allowing it to get damaged.

ive tried all of my headphones and they definitely arent to blame. i think it might be the battery, but ive tried two different ones and the same thing happens. the amp was working fine just the other day too... sigh.

Sep 27, 2009 at 7:33 AM Post #5 of 8
I do not know about the layout of the penguin amp, but you do not happen to have a multimeter around, do you?

-Nkk

EDIT: Just saw the inside pic, and I have no idea what you would measure. Sorry, for some reason I thought it would look like a CMOY PCB that was open, not a sort of closed thing that you would not want to play with. Please ignore my post.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back