Bongiovi DPS (Digital Power Station)
Aug 13, 2015 at 5:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

yonyz

Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I've come across this system-wide audio software that's available for PCs, Macs and iOS devices.
I couldn't find any threads about it, so I figured I'd open one myself. I've just installed the 2-day trial and will give it a try tomorrow, since it's too late to use speakers.

Anyway, anyone tried it? If so, please share your experience.

Trial can be downloaded from here:
http://dpsplugin.com/home/trial.php

Aug 14, 2015 at 4:01 PM Post #3 of 4
So once it's installed you choose your type of speakers: laptop, desktop or headphones.
Then you choose between Music and Movie mode.
There's also an EQ that lets you adjust Bass and Treble gain, and also the frequencies affected by said sliders.
There are profiles, too: "New Orleans speakers", "Las Vegas speakers", and 3 more. I don't know what these do, because they can't be enabled in the trial version.

Finally, there's a giant blue button that enables the plugin. I've disabled the EQ and chose "Desktop" as my speakers type, and chose "Music" mode, and immediately noticed a significant increase in volume, and possibly clarity as well, though it's hard to tell if the clarity is due to the volume increase.

Looking at the wave form images here, it seems to compress the audio:
http://bongioviacoustics.com/dps/ ("HOW DOES IT WORK?")

Sep 20, 2018 at 3:31 PM Post #4 of 4
It's an amazing DSP. It does produce a significant increase in volume and clarity. It is working on Windows PC, as well as Android and iOS. One need to select correct profile, my favorite is a profile called "Phoenix Headphones."

In order to try it on Android one should get jetAudio free music player and then Enable Bongiovi plugin in Sound Effects menu. The DSP will work for about 20-30 seconds (so you can evaluate it prior to buying for a few dollars).

This plugin is one of two apps I ever bought in my life, enough said. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back