Bolder M-80 Interconnect Question
Jun 30, 2003 at 5:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

WindyCityCy

100+ Head-Fier
I'm just getting into this passion/obsession.

Will shortly be ordering the following rig:

1) Amp --> Corda HA-1 MKII
2) Phones --> Beyer DT-880
3) Source --> existing Sony DVP-S7700 for NOW

Question is about cabling. I have spent some time on message boards investigating "affordable" neutral-sounding interconnects and have seen some members on this board that have similar setups that are using Bolder M-80 interconnects with success. Please provide comments about satisfaction of Bolder M-80 interconnects. Also, does anyone have experience with the different Plug options (Silver Bullet vs. Std Gold plated copper Bullet plugs) and the Cryo treated vs. non-cryo treated M-80s. Thanks for your input and I look forward to joining your ranks soon.
tongue.gif

Jun 30, 2003 at 5:15 PM Post #2 of 6
Welcome!
smily_headphones1.gif

You should also check out the Bolder Cable forum at http://www.audiocircle.com as there are users there who've tried out a range of their products.

Jun 30, 2003 at 6:44 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by WindyCityCy
I'm just getting into this passion/obsession.

Will shortly be ordering the following rig:

1) Amp --> Corda HA-1 MKII
2) Phones --> Beyer DT-880
3) Source --> existing Sony DVP-S7700 for NOW

Question is about cabling. I have spent some time on message boards investigating "affordable" neutral-sounding interconnects and have seen some members on this board that have similar setups that are using Bolder M-80 interconnects with success. Please provide comments about satisfaction of Bolder M-80 interconnects. Also, does anyone have experience with the different Plug options (Silver Bullet vs. Std Gold plated copper Bullet plugs) and the Cryo treated vs. non-cryo treated M-80s. Thanks for your input and I look forward to joining your ranks soon.
tongue.gif

I really like the M-80s, and have the Silver Bullet plugs. When I had them on my Creek amp, they tended to somewhat dampen the bright sound of the amp. I have them on my Corda now, and the combination is sweet. Very warm, smooth sound in both my etys and 880s. As for cryo treatment, you may want to pm bdb55 as he had this done with his M-80s, though not sure if he has received them yet. I am anxious to hear his comments on cryo as well, since we both pretty much have the same setup

Jul 1, 2003 at 4:56 AM Post #5 of 6
I should be getting my cryo-treated M-80's with silver bullet plugs in the next week or so. Even when they arrive I won't be able to evaluate the improvements of the silver plugs or cryo-treatment; I'll only be able to compare them to Outlaw PCA ICs. This is what Wayne of Bolder cables told me in an e-mail before I ordered: "The Silver Bullet plugs add air and detail to the M-80. The Cryo treatment smoothes out the mids and highs and tightens up the bass." However, note that the cryo-treatment seems to have delayed things for more than a month; if you want the cables soon, don't get them cryo'd.

Jul 2, 2003 at 7:43 AM Post #6 of 6
bdb55, please report back when you have time to test out the cryo-treated M-80's. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back