Boiling Sony Hybrid Tips
Nov 11, 2009 at 10:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

MGbert

New Head-Fier
I use Sony's Hybrid tips on my ADDIEMs and love them. However, they have started coming off in my ear when I removed the IEMs. I read about a trick to rejeuvenate turntable rubber belts by boiling them, so I figured "why not?"

Worked like a charm! Got the water boiling, left them in for a minute, dried them off thoroughly, and they are secured as tightly to the ADDIEM shaft as when they were new! The only negative is that the part which contacts the ear isn't as smooth as new. Hasn't affected either comfort or seal, though, so as an alternative to buying new tips, it is definitely worth it.

Anyone else have any other tip care tips that don't fit in another thread?

MG-bert

Sansa Clip 8GB>Fiio E5>ADDIEM or Senn CX-95

Nov 11, 2009 at 10:39 PM Post #2 of 5
cool trick
wink.gif

Nov 11, 2009 at 11:33 PM Post #3 of 5
thanks for the tip! (pun intended)

i love the hybrids as well, but only use the largest ones, and have a pack of white and black ones, with the smaller sizes going unused- would be willing to do even swaps via mail (US only) if anyone is interested- hope this isn't too out of place, forum-wise, but it seemed like a good spot to get noticed. pm or email me if you'd like to swap

best,

Mark

Nov 12, 2009 at 2:23 PM Post #4 of 5
is this done with genuine sony tips, or those fake ones which sell for much cheaper?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back