Bodily clenliness and headphones?
Aug 28, 2007 at 12:55 AM Post #16 of 43
Clean freak checking in....

I shower twice per day, 3 times on workout days. I also won't listen if I've been sweating or "dirty" from work (construction). Even if I'm clean (by my standards) , I'll still give my ears a quick two Q-tip cleaning to get them 100% wax-free first before listening to IEMs.

Aug 28, 2007 at 12:58 AM Post #17 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by ghingus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Depends on what I'm listening to. If it's an opera, I'll shower and put on my tux before I sit down to listen. If it is grunge rock I make sure not to shower for a couple of days and listen in my boxers and a dirty flannel shirt. It's all part of the ambiance...also, I listen to grunge rock most of the time because of the not showering thing...just kidding, I don't really even like grunge. Just not showering.

rs1smile.gif

Aug 28, 2007 at 2:56 AM Post #18 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Clean freak checking in....

I shower twice per day, 3 times on workout days. I also won't listen if I've been sweating or "dirty" from work (construction). Even if I'm clean (by my standards) , I'll still give my ears a quick two Q-tip cleaning to get them 100% wax-free first before listening to IEMs.

be careful with those q-tips, they might actually push wax in your ear instead of removing it

Aug 28, 2007 at 3:38 AM Post #19 of 43
I once bought a used pair of SR80s on ebay. I'm not sure which orifice the owner was using to listen to them, but the "white" cloth was a deep yellow/brown with ear gunk all over it. I was so scared. What kind of evil could abuse a Grado so bad
frown.gif

Aug 28, 2007 at 5:23 AM Post #22 of 43
Yeah I generally at least rinse off my head before putting on a pair of headphones for at home listening.

Aug 28, 2007 at 5:42 AM Post #23 of 43
I use Edition 9s outdoor in hot weather...ya not gonna shower while walking, am I =] Frankly I don't really care, I just make sure to clean the pads on regular basis.

Aug 28, 2007 at 6:14 AM Post #24 of 43
I thought I was an OCD freak for being like this. Particularly with IEMs, I make sure i've cleaned out any earwax before using them. I have a pair of KSC75s that I wear when I'm sweaty or haven't taken a shower yet. When I've spent $150+ on a headphones, and cleaning them often will just wear them out prematurely, I try to be clean when I use them.

Aug 28, 2007 at 11:16 AM Post #25 of 43
I don’t get particularly sweaty during the day—unless I’m engaged in some strenuous activity—so I generally only need one shower daily. I don’t really feel the need to shower before listening; I just clean and condition the pads regularly, and that seems to do the trick.

Aug 28, 2007 at 11:58 AM Post #27 of 43
I generally listen before bed so the shower is just by coincidence. I do however clean my equipment regularly with a moist towel.

Aug 28, 2007 at 11:59 AM Post #28 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by rxc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I generally listen before bed so the shower is just by coincidence. I do however clean my equipment regularly with a moist towel.

That would be convenient, you can use the moist towel from your shower
tongue.gif

Aug 28, 2007 at 6:14 PM Post #29 of 43
Pigpens represent! I shower every other day whether I need it or not
biggrin.gif
All my 'phones cost less than a good suit, so I let cause have its effect other than a little wipedown every now and then.

I do take extra care with my ear canals to hedge against earwax impaction. A little H2O2 rinse a few times a week suffices.

Aug 28, 2007 at 7:11 PM Post #30 of 43
Steve:

Based on the recommendation of a fellow HFier, I use Effax leather cleaner. It's a German product and is entirely grease-free. I just put a few drops into a clean cloth and wipe carefully. Seems to be working fine so far. The pads are nice and supple. Hope this helps!
orphsmile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenkelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quint, how do you clean the ED9 pads?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back