Bob Marley Lee "Scratch" Perry Masters Vinyl LP Frigging AWESOME
Feb 23, 2009 at 5:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

mobayrasta

100+ Head-Fier
I got an advance copy of

Bob Marley Lee "Scratch" Perry Masters Vinyl LP. It is so great. If you are a reggae lover or a Marley fan you owe it to yourself to own this or the CD. It comes out in the States March 24th. It is really hard to find reggae with great audio because of the primative recording methods, they have done magic with this album. Even sounds great on very analytical headphones.

I am in pure headphone heaven!

Feb 24, 2009 at 4:30 AM Post #2 of 2
that could be good stuff...I'd like to see the track-list or know more 'bout it. I'm not easily convinced I need another Marley album. That being said, I've been on the look out for a good Burning Spear on vinyl.

My absolute fave Scratch Perry work is on The Congos, 'Heart of the Congos'. I'm sure you know this, Mobayrasta, but those who don't should def. check it out. It is produced incredibly, the harmonies are excellent, and it transcends any sort of stereotype reggae sound if you're skeptically-minded. It's like a dub-exorcism - deep, heavy, nuanced, gorgeous, and sorta scary (are those bulls in the mix?!). It's another one I'd like to find on vinyl but the cd reissue a couple years ago on Blood & Fire Records is pretty great, has nice packaging, and a bonus disk that is very worthwhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back