BMG
Feb 27, 2008 at 11:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

tusk

Head-Fier
Hello, I was looking for music online and came across this site: BMG
They seem reputable, but I heard bad things about their quality.
They have two really good deals for just signing up. 7 free CD's and buy 1, get 12 free.
Does anyone have experience with their CD's? Are they really lower quality or not?

Feb 27, 2008 at 11:36 PM Post #2 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by tusk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone have experience with their CD's? Are they really lower quality or not?

BMG music club (and it's offshoot Yourmusic.com) use the exact same CDs as everyone else. The only difference is a 'Mfd. for BMG direct' label where the barcode would be on the back art of the CD case.

Feb 27, 2008 at 11:57 PM Post #3 of 11
Yourmusic.com is a great way to build up a music library. Their selection isn't huge or particularly deep, but for mainstream stuff it is wonderful. If you're getting into a new genre, then you can usually find a number of popular CDs to try.

Bryan

Feb 28, 2008 at 12:14 AM Post #5 of 11
I'll agree with what's been said so far, but I'll also add: Watch out for edited versions of albums you want. Last time I was in a club like that I ended up with a handful of censored discs.

Feb 28, 2008 at 12:33 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Last time I was in a club like that I ended up with a handful of censored discs.

**** that!
smily_headphones1.gif

Bryan

Feb 28, 2008 at 4:24 AM Post #8 of 11
When I was building my collection, BMG and Columbia House were a great way to get started. They may not of had many current quality selections but you could get earlier material and especially greatest hits. The cds were the same prints as bought in retail stores.

Feb 28, 2008 at 11:39 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll agree with what's been said so far, but I'll also add: Watch out for edited versions of albums you want. Last time I was in a club like that I ended up with a handful of censored discs.

Wal-Mart does that to discs and that is why I will never buy from them.

Feb 29, 2008 at 12:01 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock&Roll Ninja /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only difference is a 'Mfd. for BMG direct' label where the barcode would be on the back art of the CD case.

Even this seems less common these days. Back in the day, all BMG discs had this. Most of what I get from yourmusic.com seems to have normal bar codes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back