BMG Music Service Ends In June. No More 12 For 1
Sep 26, 2009 at 12:10 PM Post #31 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by chud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so someone suspected of say...running a meth lab...could be served on the grounds of suspected music piracy?

Given the record of law enforcement, do you think they'd pass on any excuse for a search? Those guys love searching, even when there's no probable cause, so don't give them one.

Sep 26, 2009 at 7:50 PM Post #32 of 33
This is getting a little dumb. Legality hardly counts in a situation where no one is ever going to find out or give a damn if they do. It's like the laws regarding sodomy and oral sex in some states. They don't come up often because how often is it going to actually be a pursued issue. Duh.

Also, legality and morality are a far cry from one and the same. Just because something is illegal according to intellectual property laws (which are a joke themselves) does not mean that the person said thing is a bad person or a criminal. I'm done with even discussing this because some people are coming at this from either a law school perspective or a pro-RIAA point of view.

Sep 27, 2009 at 2:01 PM Post #33 of 33
I'm sure the powers can run content checks on your computer anytime you're connected. Most laws are made to keep the people down. Look at the lack of laws over business and finance to see what not having them can do. If the world was ran by morality view, I doubt capitolism would be legal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back