BMG music protection BS
Sep 29, 2003 at 10:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

a1leyez0nm3

1000+ Head-Fier
i got a promo in the mail my brother ordered today, Anthony Hamilton. Put it in the computer and went to play it but it skipped and skipped. I ripped it. skipped on the mp3s. i opened up the autolaunch program and went to the site :

www.sunncomm.com/support/bmg

it wont let you rip its cds. you can only play the cd in its own little program. there has to be a way around that. its really stupid. it will only let you have 128kbs WMA, which most mp3 players wont read. if anyone finds a way to rip these cds, please. post.

Sep 30, 2003 at 6:19 AM Post #2 of 5
if it's the same technology that's been used by sony these past two years, then the trick to backup these cds or rip from them is fairly easy, but somewhat messy in that it can scratch the CD. On the CD itself, you should see this line around the edge of the disk. That's the part that kinda "protects" the CD from being used properly on the computer (and completely sticks its tongue at you for you mac users). All you have to do is use a sharpe marker or equivalent and mark a SMALL line on that line to cover it (try not to get it on the actual data part of the CD). A less permanent method that I use is use eletrical tape or some other colored tape to cover that small portion. These days Ive been using teflon tape which seems to be easier to apply. You kno it's working when the autorun program doesnt show but shows as an audio cd.

**This is somewhat illegal, so if mods feel that this should be deleted, please do.

Oct 1, 2003 at 11:57 PM Post #3 of 5
if all else fails, including the sharpe trick, keep in mind that anything with an analog output can be recorded (at varying quality levels depending on gear, of course). you could always play it on a cd player, and run a decent quality cable to the input on your soundcard. if you have a good card, quality probably wouldnt be so bad either...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back