Blurry album art with Sony X-Series Walkman?
Jan 7, 2010 at 2:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

FunToys

New Head-Fier
Recently picked up a Sony X1050 (and beyond excited about it!), but I've got a minor problem that maybe you folks could help me out with; The album art looks all blurry, and I'm not sure why. I've tried changing the image size a few times, but that doesn't seem to help. Any suggestions?

Jan 7, 2010 at 3:20 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by FunToys /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Recently picked up a Sony X1050 (and beyond excited about it!), but I've got a minor problem that maybe you folks could help me out with; The album art looks all blurry, and I'm not sure why. I've tried changing the image size a few times, but that doesn't seem to help. Any suggestions?

First of all check resolution of those images and make sure they are no smaller than 300x300 in resolution.

If you want some nice images you can mp3tag to find album art for you.

Jan 7, 2010 at 3:34 PM Post #3 of 8
That didn't work for me. I have indeed been using mp3tag and getting images that are typically 360x360 to 500x500 pixels. I've seen one other person have this problem on a different forum, but Google doesn't seem to reveal this issue with anyone else.

Jan 7, 2010 at 3:54 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

That didn't work for me. I have indeed been using mp3tag and getting images that are typically 360x360 to 500x500 pixels. I've seen one other person have this problem on a different forum, but Google doesn't seem to reveal this issue with anyone else.

I have just checked on mine and it looks ok.

What is the firmware version you have? The newest one is 1.10 and if you have 1.02 try updating it first. No data is lost.

Jan 8, 2010 at 9:55 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Don't think that did it either, thanks for the tip though

I have been working on adding album art to my x1060 for the past few days and I noticed on some albums the art was blurry. I simply removed the blurry ones with non blurry ones. There were just a few of them like that.

Jan 8, 2010 at 9:58 AM Post #7 of 8
Ok I figured out the problem. Apparently this only happens when I transfer files using the included Sony Media Manager software (???). Nice job Sony :/

Jan 8, 2010 at 2:16 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Ok I figured out the problem. Apparently this only happens when I transfer files using the included Sony Media Manager software (???). Nice job Sony :/

You know I just found this thread and was just about to tell you the same thing that you found out on your own. I have two tracks using the same album art. One transferred from itunes via content transfer and the other from Sony Media Manager. The latter methodology does something to the album art, it makes them very blurred.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back