Bluetooth vs Wired
Sep 12, 2021 at 2:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Venasa

Head-Fier
I’m having a bit of a conundrum. I currently own a pair of AKG K550s which I still love, and a pair of V-Moda Crossfade 2s (the codex ones). The V-Moda were meant to be an all rounder with bluetooth but then my commute got much shorter and I cleaned up my AKGs and started listening to them at work. Before then I had thought I would upgrade to BeyerDynamic’s Amiron as the best possible bt listening experience, but re-engaging with my AKGs has me wondering if that’s worth it. Amiron’s are about $1000 here in Aotearoa (NZ) and I’m thinking maybe a wired pair of LCD2 Classics could be much more enjoyable for only a bit more money really. Maybe I buy them and get some AirPods Pro’s for when bt is needed. Then I’ve read some people saying they think the AirPods Pro Maxs are LCD levels of good… at the end I’m just left wondering what’s really worth buying these days. Do you go for a great pair of wireds with a bt backup, or are there bt headphones out there that really do it all now?

A huge caveat is that I don’t think I’m at the stage of dedicated source gear and a desktop amp. My sources are an iPad, MBP, and HP 360 Elite. If I had to buy a cheap amp (a FiiO or something) to run something like the LCD2 Classics I would.

Sep 13, 2021 at 4:24 AM Post #4 of 5
let's make your decision even more difficult :D : https://www.qudelix.comnI'm not quite sure of the point of this though. It's a DAC that also pushes out great bt codecs right
I’m not quite sure of the point though, it’s a DAC with bt 5 and all the codecs basically right? The DAC is pointless if you’re listening over bt because bt headphones have their own DAC. So it’s meant to just enable wired and bt listening?

Sep 13, 2021 at 4:55 AM Post #5 of 5
I’m not quite sure of the point though, it’s a DAC with bt 5 and all the codecs basically right? The DAC is pointless if you’re listening over bt because bt headphones have their own DAC. So it’s meant to just enable wired and bt listening?
Yes, you can have just a better wired headphones, and use it both ways.

I have a BTR5 and use with my HD6XX or Sundara if I'm on the move or doing chores around the house. If I'm "just" listening to music, I can connect the same heaphones to my desktop amp and enjoy the full quality of the heaphones trought the wire connection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back