Bluetooth/TV compatibility issues
Jan 5, 2024 at 5:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

BoomerD

Head-Fier
Howdy folks...I'm back with yet another batch of questions.

First, the basics.
I have a 2019 Samsung UN65RU800DFXZA television.
I currently have 3 sets of bluetooth headphones paired with it.
1. Sennheiser HD440BT (my wife's...one ear is dead and the pleather is peeling off the ear cups. I want to replace the headphones)
2. Sony WHCH710N (poor build quality...plastic bits keep falling off of them, but otherwise they work well.)
3. Monoprice Sonic Solace II (not the best sound, but they work)

Here's the problem...Because the Sennheisers are dying, I need to replace them. I ordered a set of Sennheiser HD458BT as replacements over Black Friday, (basically the same cans, just newer...my wife isn't "tech friendly") but for whatever reason, they would NOT pair with the Samsung TV. They'd pair with my Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra phone without a problem, and my 2017 iPad as well...but not the TV. Since both the TV and headphones worked...I figured it's some kind of communications issue.
So, I ordered a pair of Anker Soundcore Space Q45 headphones for her. (perhaps the nicest ear cups I've ever encountered...very soft and comfortable) but...same problem...they connect to the phones and iPad, but not the TV.
Soundcore and Samsung say the same basic things...the TV and headphones are working fine...but aren't compatible.
I have no idea what bluetooth version the TV is...and even Samsung couldn't tell mes, but the Soundcore cans are BT 5.3.

Anyone have any insight into this problem? She hates both the Sony and Monoprice headphones, so having her use those isn't an option.

Jan 5, 2024 at 7:52 PM Post #3 of 7
How many headphones does the tv allow you to pair at once?
Nothing in the manual about it, but I wondered if that might have been an issue, so I deleted the Monoprice headphones from the system...the new ones still wouldn't pair, but the Monoprice ones paired back up with no problem.

I've gone through all the usual troubleshooting steps. Rebooted the TV, unplugged it from the wall power for a couple of minutes, cleared the headphones bluetooth connections, etc. the only thing I haven't done (and don't want to) is to completely reset the TV to its factory settings. I will lose all the existing pairings I have...

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2024 at 12:58 AM Post #5 of 7
Jan 6, 2024 at 2:18 AM Post #6 of 7
Try updating your tv’s firmware, which should be here:

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/model/UN65RU8000FXZC/

Otherwise, you can get a stand-alone Bluetooth transmitter to have less latency and more compatibility, like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Ainostone-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Headphones-Adjustable/dp/B0BX3ZT41B/

…or get this one for even more range:

https://www.amazon.com/Aisidra-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Receiver-Simultaneously/dp/B0BLN5MLTB/
Thanks. Looking at the TV's specs, I have firmware 1406.4 BT-S (apparently the most up-to-date version for the TV)
That page shows firmware version 1401.0
Since mine is a UN65RU800D and that page is for the UN65RU8000...that version MIGHT be newer than mine. I'll give it a try tomorrow.

As for the BT transmitters...yeah, I've been considering those This sucks...The TV's BT works...with SOME headphones, the headphones BT works with a variety of devices...just not the TV.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2024 at 2:11 PM Post #7 of 7
Well...crap. I'm 0/3 on getting new headphones to pair with this TV. At this point, she's said, "screw it...I'm going to live with one dead ear in the old Sennheisers." She doesn't want to get a BT transmitter to go between the TV and headphones...and she nearly killed me for suggesting we replace the TV... :D

Anyway, thanks for your attempts to resolve this issue. All headphones either have been returned...or are in the process of being returned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back