Bluetooth transmitter, etc. (Optical input, NOT USB)
May 28, 2023 at 1:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

JML

Headphoneus Supremus
Last edited:
Jun 7, 2023 at 4:12 PM Post #3 of 8
I'm going to try the Avantree Orbit via optical input and aptX LL output, and use my Shure AONIC 50 headphones in aptX LL mode. There are some other similar transmitters available on Amazon but the manufacturers don't have an independent presence in the US market.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2023 at 8:49 PM Post #4 of 8
Jun 7, 2023 at 10:34 PM Post #5 of 8
I ordered the other version. The Aventree site, at orbit-tc580-bluetooth-transmitter-for-tv, says "What really sets it apart is the automatic 5.1CH audio conversion; upon receiving 5.1CH audio, the Orbit automatically converts it to 2.0, instantly making it transmittable via Bluetooth, no need to make changes on TV." From what I read, if I don't get that then I'd have to manually set the TV to only output PCM, but the upgraded Orbit will do that on it's own for Bluetooth stereo. And I don't need a receiver, only a transmitter.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2023 at 3:53 PM Post #7 of 8
So does that mean the transmitter can process a surround signal and send it out via stereo for headphone?

Looking forward to hearing your impressions.
That's right, apparently. I'll set it up tonight and test it out.

Jun 8, 2023 at 4:59 PM Post #8 of 8
First and very initial quick impressions are that it works perfectly, but I have to do some more extended listening. The Orbit connects to the LG C2 via optical cable, and I have to use the TV remote to switch between the optical and HDMI-EARC outputs (not a big deal). The unit is USB-C powered (5V/2A, so any 5V transformer with at least that amperage will do). There's a power switch on the unit, which I can use if I don't want it on all the time (the TV doesn't have a switched AC output). The unit immediately detected the TV WebOS (which I removed from the listing) and then the Shure AONIC 50 headphones were found very quickly, defaulting to aptX LL. Volume can be controlled from the Orbit; the headphone's volume control didn't have any effect, but later I have to see if the LG TV and Apple TV remotes will control the volume levels. There's a white LED under the unit that comes on when powered, but I won't see it because I have the unit sitting on a bottom shelf inside a wood cabinet that houses the TV in the top section, with everything other than the Apple TV in the bottom section (such as my Blu-ray player), and the Bluetooth works fine with the bottom cabinet door closed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back