BlueTooth Sports In-Ears Recommendations
May 24, 2015 at 8:14 AM Post #2 of 5
I've had many Bluetooth iem's and will list them in SQ/Fit/Price order for me:

Jaybird Bluebuds X: Excellent sound and and the fit was unbeatable (you can even wrestle with these under                                                   headgear)  I have seen them as low as $110 and are $170 at BB

Sneer iSport Series X-Blue Bud: Since my Jaybirds were stolen these were purchased and are now my go to                                               headphones. Decent fit and SQ is real close to Jaybird and can be had for $39 at Amazon

Jaybird Freedom Sprint: Another fine set of headphones, but the sound has to be tweaked with an eq.  Fit is                                                 comfortable but the bands rub the neck like the Sneer product.  $50-100.

Phiaton PS 210 BTNC:  Good sound and Fit, however, this unit has a clip on control that ruins it as an Active unit.  The                                  SQ is on par with the Bluebuds X but a little too neutral for my tastes. $70 at Amazon

Hope this helps. Good luck!

May 26, 2015 at 11:49 PM Post #5 of 5
  I've been looking at the Jaybirds for sure, but any thoughts on the Plantronics backbeat Go 2??

Not the BackBeat Go 2, but I've been using the Plantronics BackBeat FIT about five days per week since August of last year with no issues.  I was able to get it new off eBay for just under $70, which was about $20-30 cheaper than elsewhere.  Prior to that, I had just used a couple of other cheap headsets on Amazon with decent reviews.  I generally run three days during the week and spend another two in the gym, and the BackBeat FIT has always stayed on my head.  It's designed to allow outside noise in, though, when you're outside running so if you're looking for isolation it's definitely not the headphone for you.  Also, because the ear buds sit outside the ear canal, sweat tends to drip down onto the tip and inside my ears as I'm working out.  So, I occasionally have to pull one ear bud out at a time to wipe out the sweat as I'm running.  Overall, though, it's a great set of headphones for my use.  I even accidentally (aka stupidly) ran it through a full wash cycle with my clothes one day and it came out still working perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back