bluetooth receiver for DAC
Nov 17, 2020 at 6:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

musicresearch

New Head-Fier
I am looking for a bluetooth receiver so that I can transmit from a phone to the receiver, and then plug the receiver into my DAC. So the receiver needs USB out. Any recommendations?
Thanks

Nov 17, 2020 at 7:39 PM Post #3 of 5
I doubt you'll find many options, because USB out is somewhat rare. However, the Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra sounds like it could do what you want.
Thanks, though it's more than I want to pay, and does more than I need it to. Toslink would also be ok as an output since the DAC has that input option. Most of what I'm finding must already have a DAC inbuilt, but I'm happy with my DAC - I just need a way of getting a digital signal to it from elsewhere in the house.

Nov 17, 2020 at 7:54 PM Post #4 of 5
Toslink would also be ok as an output since the DAC has that input option.
Ah, that makes it significantly easier. I'm using the Avantree Oasis Plus, but there are many other options. Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07BQYYDNJ

I'm using a BlueSound Node 2i as a streamer, which has BlueTooth in and TOSLINK out (as well as S/PDIF), and since it's usually already running that's the more convenient option for me.

The Avantree has to be physically switched to reveive/transmit or off, so it sees less use. Its much better than the Node 2i as a transmitter because of low latency support, though. It should have low latency when receiving as well, in case you're watching movies on your phone and want the audio to be in sync.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2020 at 9:33 PM Post #5 of 5
Ah, that makes it significantly easier. I'm using the Avantree Oasis Plus, but there are many other options. Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07BQYYDNJ

I'm using a BlueSound Node 2i as a streamer, which has BlueTooth in and TOSLINK out (as well as S/PDIF), and since it's usually already running that's the more convenient option for me.

The Avantree has to be physically switched to reveive/transmit or off, so it sees less use. Its much better than the Node 2i as a transmitter because of low latency support, though. It should have low latency when receiving as well, in case you're watching movies on your phone and want the audio to be in sync.
That looks good! Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back