Bluetooth phones for iPhone $100-$150
Jan 23, 2018 at 5:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

imrazor

Head-Fier
I generally prefer wired headphones, but the cables on my Sennheiser MX365s keep snagging on things when I’m doing chores, so I need to go wireless. I’d prefer to keep the budget under $100 but can stretch to $150 for really good sounding phones.

As far as musical preferences, my tastes are pretty broad so it’s easier to say what I don’t listen to. Rap and opera, I listen to just about everything else. Jazz, country, rock, electronica, metal, etc.

My headphone experience is pretty limited. I really like the sound profile of my Sennheiser HD280s and TDK ST800s. I auditioned the HD558s and found them to be far too polite.

Jan 23, 2018 at 7:26 PM Post #2 of 4
I can only recommend what I own: Bose SoundSport. I use them when working out (weights or running), at work (listening to music helps me focus), and while listening to music while getting ready to fall asleep (so I don't get tangled in cables). They are a little bass heavy, but it isn't bad fart cannon bass. Everything else sounds fine. I mean, they aren't my HD650 - heck, they don't sound better than anything else I own - but they aren't bad.

I suggest spending an extra $49 to get the case that also serves as a battery for charging, etc. I find that case super-useful. BTW, battery life is around 7-8 hours. I listen at work for 4 hours on and off, and my battery goes from 100% to anywhere between 40 and 60.

Good luck!

Jan 23, 2018 at 10:48 PM Post #4 of 4
I generally prefer wired headphones, but the cables on my Sennheiser MX365s keep snagging on things when I’m doing chores, so I need to go wireless. I’d prefer to keep the budget under $100 but can stretch to $150 for really good sounding phones.

As far as musical preferences, my tastes are pretty broad so it’s easier to say what I don’t listen to. Rap and opera, I listen to just about everything else. Jazz, country, rock, electronica, metal, etc.

My headphone experience is pretty limited. I really like the sound profile of my Sennheiser HD280s and TDK ST800s. I auditioned the HD558s and found them to be far too polite.
Bought my wife a pair of Sennheiser HD-1’s and have to say they sound much better wired than wireless. Wireless is getting better but has a ways to go yet IMO. Since your doing chores that means your listening portable so maybe in ears would be a good solution. Most IEM’s where meant to have the wires over the ear and behind the neck so the wires would not hang up. Just about all of my in ears sound better than the HD-1 wireless just saying. I have had the HD-280’s for going on ten years and on my second pair about 6 years ago so I know them pretty well and if you want to go in ears you can come close with the KZ ATE’s for like $15 on Amazon decent bass and mids and fairly smooth treble and pretty rugged. I just got a pair of KZ ZS6’s and think they are pretty good for the money $46 on Amazon. I have the Echobox Finder X-1’s and the 1More Triple and Quad Drivers and I gravitate to the ZS6’s more. I am more of a headphone person but listen to iem’s at work and sometimes at home when the need hits me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back