Bluetooth or not Bluetooth ?
Mar 18, 2017 at 9:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

frog

New Head-Fier
I have just updated my iPhone to a 7 and now have my iTunes collection on it. I listen through a pair of Westone W10's that are cable connected through the little white adapter cable, I like the current sound quality and my music is ripped at various rates all the way up to lossless.
I am tempted to go down the Bluetooth route with either a new pair of ear phones (Jaybird x3) or the Westone adapter that would connect to the W10's. Given that not all my music is lossless (most is ripped at 320) would I lose any noticeable sound quality going over to Bluetooth rather than staying cabled?

Mar 19, 2017 at 4:19 AM Post #3 of 3
I would go with both. I also have an iPhone 7, and I really hate that adapter when I am on the go. So for convenience I often use a Noble bts to rid myself of cables and dongles. I do hear a slight loss in sound quality, but when I am out and about it's a sacrifice I am happy to make to avoid cable and dongle. If I am more stationary I often use a portable dac/amp to get the best quality possible. My primary source of music is Tidal Hifi.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back