Bluetooth on-ear headphones HELP needed!
Jun 2, 2016 at 8:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

yavormoskov

100+ Head-Fier
Hi. I have tons of good over ear headphones for home listening but now I need great sounding portable on-ear bluetooth headphones (noise cancellation is not very important for me). So far my choices are:
1. Bowers & Wilkins P5 wireless
2. Audio-Technica ATH-SR5BTBK
3. JBL Everest Elite 300 NXTGen
I am going to listen to them mainly with my Sony NWZ-A17. I listen to pretty much everything except hiphop. Have you heard them before and what do you think?

Jun 3, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #2 of 5
I have not heard them.

Perhaps this bluetooth headphone discussion thread would help: http://www.head-fi.org/t/746519/huge-comparison-of-almost-all-the-best-bluetooth-headphones-post-your-own-comparisons-here

Jun 3, 2016 at 3:19 AM Post #3 of 5
B&W P5 is very good :)
There again, the Sony MDR-10RBT and Sony MDR-1ABT are also very good too.
I own them all, and find the P5's great for classical & jazz, and the Sony's great for rock/pop.
I would tend to suggest your preference would depend on what sort of music you listen to.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Nov 11, 2016 at 11:35 PM Post #5 of 5
What made you settle on the P5?

I've only heard the other two you mentioned. I liked the SR5BT quite a bit when I first tried it. Then I tried the JBL, and then when I went back to the SR5BT, it suddenly seemed a bit harsh in the upper mids/highs, and a bit light in the bass. (And I'm someone who tends to prefer something pretty neutral, I don't look for tons of bass.) The JBL also supposedly optimizes its sound for your particular ears, and has EQ you can set with its app in case you prefer to alter their sound a bit. They also fold into a smaller space. 

All that said, the AT is certainly not bad. And just from a physical standpoint, I found the AT a little more comfortable (less tension), and I preferred its physical controls. They're also less expensive, at least in the U.S. (typical price $250 for the JBL, $200 for the AT).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back