Bluetooth Mouse Recommendations
Nov 28, 2005 at 6:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

jwramp

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for a wireless bluetooth mouse to go with my new powerbook. All of the microsuck ones that i've looked at come with a tranciever, which i don't need... the PowerBook has built in Bluetooth, and i want something that will just work without having to plug anything in. I'm also looking for a keyboard, but will probably just go with the one from Apple because of its sexy looks, etc.

Nov 29, 2005 at 3:09 AM Post #4 of 8
got a t42 with the same thing, so I'm listening as well.

Nov 29, 2005 at 4:11 AM Post #5 of 8
There are few more out there. I'm just too lazy to link them, but Kensington, iogear, and Targus are some other companies that make few Bluetooth mice. I'll be getting either the small RadTech or Logitech V270, since all others I've read about have issues with re-connecting with the computer after it wakes up from sleep mode.

Nov 29, 2005 at 4:40 AM Post #6 of 8
BT510 is my pick. If you're looking a bit bigger, logitech makes a bluetooth version of the mx700 that should be good too. Bit on the big side to carry in a laptop bag, but that's up to you.

Nov 29, 2005 at 6:13 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrillic
If you're looking a bit bigger, logitech makes a bluetooth version of the mx700 that should be good too. Bit on the big side to carry in a laptop bag, but that's up to you.

I think you're talking about MX900. Yes, it would work, though it really isn't an ideal solution for laptop usage. There is no on/off switch so the battery is constantly being drained and as a result, it has a terrible battery life for the most part. Also, even though you can use it without the included cradle, if you do so, you won't be able to use the extra buttons for anything really functional. You need the Logitech software to program those buttons and the software won't function unless the cradle is connected to the computer. Oh, and it's out of production.

Dec 6, 2005 at 5:53 AM Post #8 of 8
Digging up an old thread here, but finally got around to picking up a Logitech V270 tonight. I've spent the past couple of hours with it and I like it.

The mouse is smaller than regular desktop mice, but it's not so small that it's uncomfortable to use. It did take me a bit to get used to the size, but it is pretty comfortable to use. I'd have liked it better if the back end of the mouse tapered a bit less, but then again, I have fairly large hands.

Setting up the mouse with my iBook was painless. Just turn on Bluetooth and setup the new mouse through the Bluetooth utility. I've had no drop off in the connection, and it is quick to regain connection when I turned the mouse back on after turning it off. Same thing when I woke my laptop from sleeping.

I'll see how I like it over a long term use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back