Bluetooth IEMs?
Apr 11, 2018 at 10:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

liquidzoo

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey all, long time.

I'll make this short-ish. I'm in the market for some bluetooth IEMs. I have the Jaybird BlueBuds X, but a) they're often not loud enough for my tastes, b) the sound profile seems wrong, even EQ'd, for the working out I do, and c) they keep coming loose in my ears (likely causing b)

So...I'm in the market for some new ones.

These will only be used for working out. I have a headphone amp and Grado/Beyers for other purposes.

Source is a Samsung Note 8, GMMP, mix of a lot of different music, mainly bassy rock.

I would like to be able to turn them up to a decent level. Wired headphones (the AKG IEMs that came with the Note 8, anyway) sound better than the BlueBuds (to me), and they get a lot louder. Not sure what stat I need to look at to determine how loud it will get (sensitivity?). I do know that frequency response and charts don't really tell the whole story (everyone has different ears).

I admit to being curious about the MEE Audio X7 plus and X8 plus.

So:

Bluetooth
IEM (not earbud-type, please)
Good sound
Prefer something with a memory wire type over/around the ear config
Comfortable with glasses

Would like to stay away from anything like the Sennheiser HD1 (not the free version, those might be ok) or V-Moda Metallo where there is a largeish part that goes around the neck. I live in Arizona...unless it actively cools me, it's going to be uncomfortable. Would also prefer to stay away from any "truly wireless" IEMs. I've yet to find a pair that stays put all the time, and I would not want to lose them.

Budget is flexible, but nothing outrageous. I have better cans for other purposes.

Apr 13, 2018 at 1:20 AM Post #2 of 4
I admit to being curious about the MEE Audio X7 plus and X8 plus.
Mee Audio X7 plus and X8 Plus have good bass. If you have the chance, do have an audition! It sits well in my ear too. Some people find the bass too boomy and bleeds to the mids.

Bluetooth
IEM (not earbud-type, please)
Good sound
Prefer something with a memory wire type over/around the ear config
Comfortable with glasses
There are very limited choices - I do not know whether you will consider Shure SE215 Wireless and Westone Wx for sports purpose. Some people find it too luxury to have them for sports. The SQ will definitely better as compared to others but the sweat proof ability is traded off.

Apr 13, 2018 at 9:31 AM Post #3 of 4
Mee Audio X7 plus and X8 Plus have good bass. If you have the chance, do have an audition! It sits well in my ear too. Some people find the bass too boomy and bleeds to the mids.

Thanks for the opinion here, I do appreciate it.

There are very limited choices - I do not know whether you will consider Shure SE215 Wireless and Westone Wx for sports purpose. Some people find it too luxury to have them for sports. The SQ will definitely better as compared to others but the sweat proof ability is traded off.

I think that's the main issue - limited choices, especially in what I am looking for which I will add one more thing to: aptX and/or AAC bluetooth codec support. Looks like all of the above choices have that, so I should be good there. I will keep researching, but thank you for the tips so far.

Apr 16, 2018 at 5:13 PM Post #4 of 4
I have the Jaybird X2's and they about blow my ears out, sound great, and dont come out for anything. Have you had a chance to try the X2's? Love mine, cant see me owning another set lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back