Bluetooth headphones
Apr 15, 2017 at 7:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

hd101

New Head-Fier
Hi I'm quite new to the world of high end headphones and I'm currently looking for some Bluetooth enabled headphones. What I'm wondering is if it's worth buying Bluetooth headphones now, considering Bluetooth 5 is coming very soon so manufacturers are probably designing/making Bluetooth 5 headphones to be released this year?

Apr 17, 2017 at 8:35 AM Post #4 of 11
I'd say one of the better wireless headphones at the moment are te Momentums. If ANC (Active Noise Canceling) is important to you because of travelling or commuting, I'd recommend you the Sony MDR-1000X instead.

Apr 17, 2017 at 9:08 AM Post #5 of 11
I'd say one of the better wireless headphones at the moment are te Momentums. If ANC (Active Noise Canceling) is important to you because of travelling or commuting, I'd recommend you the Sony MDR-1000X instead.
I wouldn't say ANC is that important to me, it's a bonus more than anything. Purely from a sound quality perspective, with ANC active, would you still recommend the Sony MDR-1000X over the Momentums? I know you can't turn off the noise cancellation on the Momentums but I'm not sure if it's true for the Sony MDR-1000X.

Apr 17, 2017 at 9:20 AM Post #6 of 11
Try out the B&W P7 Wireless. 

Apr 17, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #7 of 11
Try out the B&W P7 Wireless. 
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try them out but they cost just as much as the Sony MDR-1000X, so unless it is much better in terms of sound quality I'd prefer to go for the Sony ones since it has ANC. I know that I said it isn't that important, but it is nice to have if the price between the two is more or less the same.

Apr 17, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #8 of 11
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try them out but they cost just as much as the Sony MDR-1000X, so unless it is much better in terms of sound quality I'd prefer to go for the Sony ones since it has ANC. I know that I said it isn't that important, but it is nice to have if the price between the two is more or less the same.

The B&W P7 Wireless should technically be better since the distortion figures of the Sony are even above 5% in the mids in Wireless mode. But maybe the signature of the Sony suits you better. 

Best is to try both and see which you like best. 

Apr 17, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #9 of 11
If you are going for overall sound quality, the Momentums and the P7 wireless are both better choices. All of these have a sound signature that is warm and with an elevated mid-bass. Which one you like best will probably strongly depend on personal taste. If you can listen to them before purchasing, you should.

May 17, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #11 of 11
Hi I'm quite new to the world of high end headphones and I'm currently looking for some Bluetooth enabled headphones. What I'm wondering is if it's worth buying Bluetooth headphones now, considering Bluetooth 5 is coming very soon so manufacturers are probably designing/making Bluetooth 5 headphones to be released this year?

TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION I WOULD WAIT FOR BLUETOOTH 5 HEADPHONES.
SO SAMSUNG DO HAVE BLUETOOTH 5 ON THE SAMSUNG S8. IT IS EXPECTED APPLE WILL SUPPORT BLUETOOTH 5 ON THE IPHONE 8 LATER THIS YEAR.

100 PERCENT AFTER THAT HEADPHONE AND DAC MAKERS WILL BE DEVELOPING BLUETOOTH 5 HEADPHONES AND DACS.

HOWEVER YOU MAY NOT WANT TO WAIT THAT LONG SO MAYBE GET HEADPHONES THAT YOU LATER CAN SELL OR GIVE AS A GIFT.

IF YOU ARE IPHONE USER MAKE SURE THE HEADPHONE SUPPORTS AAC.
IF YOU HAVE A PHONE THAT SUPPORTS APTX THEN DEFINITELY GET APTX HEADPHONES.

I RECOMMEND AS OTHERS HAVE - THE BOWES AND WILKINS P7 WIRELESS WHICH SUPPORT BOTH AAC AND APTX. THEY ARE AMAZING SOUNDING. I THINK THE BEST SOUNDING BLUETOOTH HEADPHONES.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back