Bluetooth Headphones with N95?
Nov 1, 2007 at 3:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

b35ty

New Head-Fier
Hi,

Ok, the Nokia N95 8GB is available now (HOORAY!) and I've got mine on order. I'll be using this instead of my Zen Vision M 60gb from now on.

I currently use Mylarone XB IEMs, and I'm very happy with them tbh. As you can tell, I like my bass and I want decent sound, but I'm no real audiophile.

The headphone jack on the N95 is on the side, which isn't really ideal. So I thought bluetooth headphones (specifically the BH-501) would be worth considering.

http://www.nokia.com.au/A4515881

My question is: Are these going to be a complete letdown/downgrade?? Or will they be comparable to my current setup. Obviously it's a style change, and isolation will suffer, but that's probably ok. I was just wondering whether anyone had experience with them. I know BT Headphones aren't all that impressive, but considering my modest current setup (which I'm happy with), perhaps it would be ok??

Nov 1, 2007 at 3:07 AM Post #2 of 5
I dont know anything about the nokia headset.
But I have the motorola s9's. The SQ isn't as good as some of the better around 100 dollar iems, but the s9's are better then some imo. (v-moda vibes, e2c's)

Motorola came out with a new bluetooth set that is over ear, rather than in ear that look pretty interesting.

Make sure your phone has a2dp technology, otherwise you can't play stereo music.
I have 2 s9's NIB, pm if you are interested.

Nov 1, 2007 at 4:03 AM Post #3 of 5
There's another Nokia bluetooth headset adaptor that lets you hook up your Mylarones to it, and then the bluetooth headset adapter talks to the N95 to get music. So you'd still have a cord, but you could pull your N95 out of your pocket, still be listening to music, and not have it wired to anything.

Nov 1, 2007 at 9:52 AM Post #4 of 5
I like my N95.. Compared to other cell/mobile/whatever and pda's, it has surprisingly clean sound.. but are you sure you want to use it for music? Without ever listening to music on it at any time of the day, my N95 uses one charge-worth of power every day and maybe, if you're lucky, a day and a half..

With regards to you looking for bluetooth headphones, I'd just get one of those 90-degree adaptors so you can use normal headphones without so much hassle.. or those ety bluetooths.. they look neat..

Nov 1, 2007 at 11:57 AM Post #5 of 5
onvn, N95 8GB has a much bigger battery (between 25-50%, not too sure) and apparently the software uses it more effectively too.

Glad to hear that it's a decent portable source though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back