Bluetooth headphone options other than Bose QC35 or QC45?
Feb 12, 2023 at 10:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

katulu

100+ Head-Fier
Hey all,

To the point: I use Bose QC35s for everything except music listening - calls, video, etc. I use them without active noise cancelling because I don't like the feeling and I don't need it most of the time (99%). I recently bought QC45s and I was dismayed that it is not an option to turn off ANC completely. ???? I returned them, of course - but since the QC35s are old and Bose doesn't listen to its customer base, what are my options? What I like about the QCs - comfort, lightweight, ability to turn off ANC, bluetooth, and you can fold them for easy transport. Any options or better out there? I'd prefer they were USB-C as well, and replaceable pads. Appreciate any help!

Feb 12, 2023 at 10:22 PM Post #2 of 5
One option is the Fidelio L3. It's currently $320 but I paid $180 and it regularly goes on sale. The app sucks though.

Feb 13, 2023 at 2:00 AM Post #3 of 5
I've had those and like the Bower & Wilkins PX7 Carbon edition a lot more. The auto on/off when you put them in, and the fast charging is crazy fast. Sound profile is pretty even, no fake Sony bass boost or things like that. We have the Q35 here currently too, and the Px7 sound better, just more refined tuning instead of the consumer friendly Bose.

Feb 13, 2023 at 5:18 PM Post #4 of 5
I've had those and like the Bower & Wilkins PX7 Carbon edition a lot more. The auto on/off when you put them in, and the fast charging is crazy fast. Sound profile is pretty even, no fake Sony bass boost or things like that. We have the Q35 here currently too, and the Px7 sound better, just more refined tuning instead of the consumer friendly Bose.
Fair, but I'm not looking for sound quality, these are not for music listening. Looking for comfort, lightweight, ability to turn off ANC, bluetooth, you can fold them, USB-C, and replaceable pads.

Feb 13, 2023 at 5:58 PM Post #5 of 5
I use AKG 361BT for bluetooth listening, and I like them a lot. Plusses are price, no ANC, sound for podcasts and music, foldable, comfortable. Minuses are USB micro and they shut off on their own if no program after about 5 minutes (just have to re-pair, but it’s a PITA to me!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back