Bluetooth Headphone/IEM Advice Sought
Jun 2, 2015 at 2:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

maeludir

New Head-Fier
I've been using a pair of Sennheiser HD595s for the better part of a decade now, and they're starting to fall apart. I use them for everything, in roughly equal proportion - music (not genre specific), movies, games - and their sound quality has been satisfying. The form factor however: a bulky headphone, tethered to the PC with earcups that become ovens after an hour or so... not so satisfying; quite frustrating at times.

I recently got the Meelectronics M6 on a whim and I've gotta say, aside from sounding incredibly good for such a cheap IEM, the lack of any pressure/weight on my ears was such an incredible relief. It's not all sunshine and daisies - I've noticed a bit more earwax than usual, and my ear canals can feel a bit tender after a while of having the IEMs in. But it's definitely sparked an interest in IEMs.

So: I'm looking for a bluetooth headphone which sounds similar/superior to the Sennheiser HD595s for general listening purposes. I'm interested primarily in IEMs, but I'd like to know if they're not suitable for the kind of everday, 9-5 usage I have in mind. I've already scouted out quite a few bluetooth IEM reviews in my price range (more on that below) and I found a few likely candidates - SBH 80, Meelectronics X7 and Bluebuds (only the first has a flawless reputation, the last two are plagued with complaints of short lifespan/RMA).

I'm not opposed to over-ear headphones, not nearly as much as I am to wired headphones, but I'd like to avoid discomfort on my ears. If you feel there's an over-ear headphone candidate that I'm unfairly ignoring, please mention it.

Regarding price range: Let's say nothing over £200 ($300), but let's also say I'm not interested in diminishing returns: a £200 headphone that's only 20% (I know, hard to quantify) better than a £100 headphone isn't going to interest me.

Thanks for reading, and thanks in advance for sharing your expertise :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back