Bluetooth earbuds - best of sound AND reception.
Jul 17, 2017 at 1:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Spinjack

New Head-Fier
I've been on the hunt for a set of Bluetooth earbuds that combine good sound and excellent Bluetooth reception, with little luck.

For Bluetooth reception, I'm not looking for 30ft thru 3 walls. I'm looking for something that doesn't cut out when I squat down or turn away (phone is in shorts pocket).

Basically, I need good sound (some sound like listening to AM radio), very good reception (to be able to do actual physical activity without cutting out), and sweat resistant.

Someone usually asks about price range. Call it $200 or less.

Thanks

Jul 18, 2017 at 7:55 AM Post #2 of 7
I've been searching the forum for any discussion regarding the recommendations and found only discussions of best sound, battery life, and durability.

Has anyone looked at bluetooth reception quality in a good sounding earbud?

Jul 18, 2017 at 8:50 AM Post #3 of 7
Re-read my original post and realized it sounds like a rant. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good sounding wireless earbud with stellar bluetooth reception that is sweat resistant.

I looked at the Beyerdynamic BT. It appears they contain a high end bluetooth radio, but reviews say they are not meant for sports are heavy activity. Is there anything out there similar for active users?

Jul 22, 2017 at 7:58 AM Post #4 of 7
same question, but under $50 :)

Aug 21, 2017 at 8:21 PM Post #7 of 7
You are correct that reception is not one of the parameters normally evaluated in most wireless IEM reviews. I think that is likely part of the reason for your response here. Unfortunately, I am not a reception expert. As for the Byron BTA, you are right, it is great--it is just not built for working out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back