Bluetooth Car Insert
Jan 5, 2020 at 8:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Jacobguy

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone so I just got my first car and it doesnt have an AUX port, so I was wondering what you guys would reccomend for the Bluetooth inserts? Theres a ton of options on amazon and I have no idea what to pick, I want the USB ports and good sound quality on it I dont care about hands free calling. I was looking at the IMDEN one a lot because it has good reviews but I figured I'd come to the pros first since you guys helped me with two sets of IEM's. Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2020 at 12:34 AM Post #2 of 7
Hi @Jacobguy,

Depending on what car you have, it may already have BT support built in so if you're using your phone or DAP with BT capability, then just connect that way.

Otherwise, Fiio BTR 3 or BTR 5 will potentially work.

As a final note, I would be wary of any Amazon or other reviews unless said reviewer has specific experience using suggested BTR modules & potentially the best way for you to know is to try one yourself as long as the store you get it from has a good return policy.

Hope this makes sense.

Hope you have a great day !

Jan 6, 2020 at 5:46 AM Post #3 of 7
Hi @Jacobguy,

Depending on what car you have, it may already have BT support built in so if you're using your phone or DAP with BT capability, then just connect that way.

As a final note, I would be wary of any Amazon or other reviews unless said reviewer has specific experience using suggested BTR modules & potentially the best way for you to know is to try one yourself as long as the store you get it from has a good return policy.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks for taking the time to respond sir! I have a 2006 Ford Fusion so I dont think it has bluetooth support, do you mind if I ask what the difference is between the BTR3 vs the BTR5? Thank you!

Jan 6, 2020 at 7:35 PM Post #4 of 7
Hi @Jacobguy,

Hope this makes sense.

Also just noticed! The Fiio Btr3 and Btr5 both need either bluetooth in a car or an aux port neither of which I have. Do you have any other suggestions? I've been looking at the Nulaxy one too but everyone says the music sound quality (what I most care about) isnt that great. But still thank you for opening me up to these Fiio's I think I'll get one to pair with my Shure SE215'S or my Kinera Seed Yin. Any input is so appreciated! Thanks.

Jan 7, 2020 at 12:33 AM Post #5 of 7
No problem, @Jacobguy

Happy to help when possible.

The differences between BTR 3 & BTR 5 are listed in their specs so it's easy to look up nor do I know the differences off the top...

Given the minor compatibility issues you may have, I can suggest two options instead if you must have audio in your car.
They are as follows :

Find a head unit which supports BT functionality
Or
Just use your portable source device with your IEMs with either BTR 3 or BTR 5.
By the way, I will now add the Shure RMCE BT2 as a BT functionality option for you to consider.

Hope this continues to be useful.

Jan 7, 2020 at 7:32 PM Post #6 of 7
No problem, @Jacobguy

Happy to help when possible.

The differences between BTR 3 & BTR 5 are listed in their specs so it's easy to look up nor do I know the differences off the top...

Given the minor compatibility issues you may have, I can suggest two options instead if you must have audio in your car.
They are as follows :

Find a head unit which supports BT functionality
Or
Just use your portable source device with your IEMs with either BTR 3 or BTR 5.
By the way, I will now add the Shure RMCE BT2 as a BT functionality option for you to consider.

Hope this continues to be useful.

Once again thank you for taking your time to reply, the options you have listen look great although I would like to play music through the speakers in the car itself. I'll have passengers in my car often so they want to hear music too. I do appreciate this greatly and it wont go to waste because I'll probably get one to use with my IEM's. Thanks!

Jan 8, 2020 at 2:13 AM Post #7 of 7
Once again thank you for taking your time to reply, the options you have listen look great although I would like to play music through the speakers in the car itself. I'll have passengers in my car often so they want to hear music too. I do appreciate this greatly and it wont go to waste because I'll probably get one to use with my IEM's. Thanks!

@Jacobguy,

As said, happy to help, getting a head unit will definitely be your best best since you want to use your car's speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back